MY BUSA SPUTTERS, HELP!!

joseph717

Registered
Hello,
I am new to Hayabusa.org, and I need help.
I have a 2006 Hayabusa
Hindle full exhaust system
PowerCommander.

I have had my bike with these simple bolt-ons for over a year now, and my bike is now experiencing problems when accelerating.
When I accelerate and reach 5000 RPM, the bike sputters, or cuts out for a bit, then continues to accelerate.
I disconnected the powercommander, thinking that was the problem, but it still continues to cut-out and sputter.
This is really annoying when I'm trying to haul ass, and really scary when I'm turning and it cuts out like that.

Please, if anyone can help me out or has any information, let me know.

Thanks.

newbie.gif

Plugs. Throttle body sync, and a good dyno tune!
beerchug.gif

I only have 4000 miles.
Plugs are okay.
It only does it in 2nd gear, but all of the other gears are okay..

your fuel pressure regulator is going bad or your tranny 2nd gear is going out...

Does it feel like it's skipping a few teeth on the sprocket,jerking a little bit then clears up?

or

does it feel like it's loosing power then comes back alive....Gas or spark related?

Well, when I'm accelerating in second gear, it cuts-out, jerks, accelerates, jerks, and accelerates again... I wouldn't say it is losing power, because it still accelerates, but when I full throttle it, I can really feel the jerk, like the bike wants to throw me off... It does not feel like it is bogging..
Does this help???

Well, when I'm accelerating in second gear, it cuts-out, jerks, accelerates, jerks, and accelerates again... I wouldn't say it is losing power, because it still accelerates, but when I full throttle it, I can really feel the jerk, like the bike wants to throw me off... It does not feel like it is bogging..
Does this help???
Yep 2nd gear is going out,go out roll 1st up to 5 or 6k then shift to second slowly roll up to about 8k and it should stay in gear then shift to 3rd if it goes well then slow down and shift back to 1 roll to 7 or 8k really quick shift to 2nd and if it does it 2nd is going out....

I'll give it a shot. So just to verify, when I'm at first gear and going to 7-8kRPM, shift quickly to second, and if it is the gear that is bad, I should feel the jerk?

Re: MY BUSA SPUTTERS, HELP!!

I'm having this same problem with my 05 except it kicks out and stutters at 2300 rpm.... And in every gear.. Any ideas

I had the same problem and it was second gear. It actually did it a little in first as well. Had the entire transmission rebuilt. I was drag racing it though so I assume you or previous owner was doing so as well? Anyway I replaced all but 6 I think. NOt sure been a long time ago. I also bought new shift links and brock shift rod too. the stock one was bent a little cause its hollow. the brock one is solid. you will never bend that sucker. check that though. I bet its bent a little. Its worth changing the shift links. what ever its called i forget.

I'm having this same problem with my 05 except it kicks out and stutters at 2300 rpm.... And in every gear.. Any ideas
Start with fuel filter screen, if clogged up it will run fine until a certain demand, then not be able to deliver enough fuel. Remove tank, drop the pump out, I'l bet it's packed with rust.

+1. I've responded to a few similiar threads already. Mine was doing the same thing. Went ahead and while I had it apart to clean fuel screen replaced the fuel pump and she was back, no more sputter. After seeing how dirty filter was my next task will be injectors.

My bike was stalling, sputtering, bogging down, you name it. Checked every switch, replaced battery, timing chain tenioner, set valves etc.
Finally with a lot of frustration, yesterday I pulled the fuel pump open, the O ring inside was all chewed up with a piece of rubber broken off which I think was allowing fuel to enter the other chamber and not creating a tight seal within the fuel pump. This could be creating a high pressure restriction flow. Put the new O ring and it's cured all problems, no hesitation, sputtering etc.

Back