My Busa on the Track....

Someone posted another one... .finally a front shot coming into a corner.....
061001322.jpg

AWESOME PICS SPEEDGEEK!!!!
AAAssjani.gif

Ain't the track the BEST!!! Just work a little on body positioning and you'll be much faster around the corners. You already look pretty fast.
beerchug.gif

I thought tracks made EVERYONE tape up lights and remove mirrors? Everyone except for Sportrider mag staff i suppose.Sup with that?

Nice photos! Bad thing is, the track becomes very addictive as well as expensive. But once you are hooked, it takes more than rehab to get you off the adrenaline.

You are getting pretty low there dude for sitting so tall in the saddle. Looks to me like you may need a track day with instruction to save you from the inevitable? Take a look at this guy on the track who also rode high in the saddle and it bit him on his first day on the track. If you look, you'll see he was leaning pretty hard sitting straight up. His Gonads were much bigger than his skills. Broke his MV Agusta in half and spoiled his day.

http://studio819.smugmug.com/gallery/1567795/1

If you will get off your bike you'll gain another 10 - 15 mph in the corners.

(Tufbusa @ Oct. 04 2006,08:41) Nice photos! Bad thing is, the track becomes very addictive as well as expensive. But once you are hooked, it takes more than rehab to get you off the adrenaline.

You are getting pretty low there dude for sitting so tall in the saddle. Looks to me like you may need a track day with instruction to save you from the inevitable? Take a look at this guy on the track who also rode high in the saddle and it bit him on his first day on the track. If you look, you'll see he was leaning pretty hard sitting straight up. His Gonads were much bigger than his skills. Broke his MV Agusta in half and spoiled his day.

http://studio819.smugmug.com/gallery/1567795/1

If you will get off your bike you'll gain another 10 - 15 mph in the corners.
I know I need to get off the bike more to ain more corner speed. Like I said in the first post, I didn't have toe sliders or knee pucks so I was staying up on the bike more. It was just a 20 minute "Taste of Racing" promo so we weren't there to be dragging knees. I was already running a lap pace 5 seconds faster than we were supposed to run. (1:20-1:21 at PIR) They wanted us to stay slower than 1:25.

I can get off the bike more and get my head down and over into the corner (I rode harder/faster the previous day on the street up @ Mt St Helens). I was also following a lady on a Gixxer 750 and was jus t running her pace, so had I needed to turn it up I could have gained alot more speed by sliding off and getting down more. This is as hard as I ride sitting so upright.

There was ALOT of traffic - new totally unskilled riders, so it was better to run a decent pace and not push it too hard. I plan on doing some track days next summer and I'll post up some knee draggin pics when I do.
smile.gif

(Tufbusa @ Oct. 04 2006,00:41) Nice photos! Bad thing is, the track becomes very addictive as well as expensive. But once you are hooked, it takes more than rehab to get you off the adrenaline.

You are getting pretty low there dude for sitting so tall in the saddle. Looks to me like you may need a track day with instruction to save you from the inevitable?
+1

I hang off a little, stick knee out. I prolly have less lean angle but I can gun it around the corners this way.

ryabusa7.jpg

Back