My Busa is Reborn...Some Assembly Required

Salty

Registered
As many of you know I have been going through an incredibly long process to restore this Hayabusa that I purchased after it was layed down last spring.
Here is the pic of it the day I picked my girl up...
IMG_0005.jpg

Many of you have seen my other threads with all the upgrades and mods that I have installed...So instead of posting all those photos again I will just add the descriptions.

New RK 530 Chain, New Sprocket, New Cush, New Front and Back wheels, Race Tech Springs (1.1kg), Race Grade Fork Oil, Diablo Rosso Front and Rear Tires, EBC HH Front and Rear Sets, Engine Ice, Repsol Partial SynTec, Hiflow Oil Filter, K&N Air Filter, APE Pair Valve Block Offs, Yoshimura RS-3 Slip Ons, Clear Turn Signals, GIPro w/ATRE, Radio Shack Cigaretter Lighter, CF Magellan GPS Mount, New Image Custom Seat and Back Rest, ProTek Pegs (Front and back), Vortex Frame Sliders, Vortex Rear Spools, custom powder coated Clutch and Brake Levers, Custom Powdercoated Rear sets, Custom Painted bike by Dwayne Chase...

Well here are the first set of pics of the plastics...once I get them all on the bike and get it polished up I will post some better shots...

IMG_3201.jpg

IMG_3202.jpg

IMG_3203.jpg

Well Im about to pass out, I promise to get it finished tomorrow and post some pics of her out in the sunshine...

thank you so much to the many, many people who maked all of this possible...

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

DUDE, that paint looks flippin sweet! Now I'm really jealous. You got your paint back before I did.....I'm still waiting.

Once you get her all put together and on the road let me know how the pair valve block-offs are working. Back firing = fail so hopefully she continues to "Pur Like an Angry Lion" as you say.

DUDE, that paint looks flippin sweet! Now I'm really jealous. You got your paint back before I did.....I'm still waiting.

Once you get her all put together and on the road let me know how the pair valve block-offs are working. Back firing = fail so hopefully she continues to "Pur Like an Angry Lion" as you say.

The more I get put onto the bike the better its starting to look...Any chance of you being around the northland this weekend...I need to figure out how the underbody piece attaches around the exhaust headers...I dont have the factory hardware for it, but I think i have most of what we will need in after market parts...

The more I get put onto the bike the better its starting to look...Any chance of you being around the northland this weekend...I need to figure out how the underbody piece attaches around the exhaust headers...I dont have the factory hardware for it, but I think i have most of what we will need in after market parts...

This weekend is tough for me. If I free up on Sunday I'll give you a call and could come out. Otherwise I'd be looking at an evening next week and I'm sure you don't want to wait that long.

About 50% completed now, I have the whole tail section together, but I lost one of my slide screw in pieces from the hump, so Im off to Lowes tonight to try and find one...Tonight I will finish assembling the front fairing and attach the sides...then more pics will be posted...

Beautiful paint!!!!!! Man I can't wait to see it all together. That sure makes me wanna do something with my plain 'ole black.

Almost done, got some more progress done this evening...Here are some more updated shots...I will get some more this weekend outside in the daylight and once she is all assembled and cleaned up...

IMG_3210.jpg

IMG_3211.jpg

Back