My Busa Has Rsbs!

fallenarch

THE SLOW RIDER
Registered
I stopped at a popular stop the other day and there were a bunch of young sport bike riders (p.c. version of squids) there fueling up. I was surprised they actually knew what a Busa was and even noticed it was highly modified. On asked if it has ABS and I said no. They all said they wouldn't ride a bike without ABS. So I told them this Busa has RSBS, which is much better. They looked perplexed but didn't want to admit they didn't know what that was. We continued talking and it actually took them 10 minutes to get to the "you gonna stretch it" question. So I told them to follow me to the next stop. Needless to say I was stopped and had already pulled the gloves and helmet off when they caught up to me. "Wow that thing is pretty fast". I told them that their sport bikes would blow the Busa away on a track but the Busa is king of the backroads, comfortable, stable, and stupid fast in the straights. "So what is that RSBS stuff?" One guy asked. "It's Rider Skill Braking System. Takes about 70,000 road miles in all kinds of conditions to develop." One of the few great things about being old is you get to surprise youngsters once in awhile. Lol!

Lol! It also helps that it was probably their second time on that road and I've ridden it maybe 200 times!

Back