My Busa Gets Shocked!

Shock prices have really come down due to China effect. $795 for a 4 way is a bit more than what you would pay for a used Ohlin's now.That is why i did not by used.

Penske has a 2 way on eBay for the Busa for the same price. It is very easy choice if rebuilding is a couple of hundred . Penske is USA built and Elka is Canadian. Keep the money working in north America....

BB

The two best busa riders I know is our own MJN & GregBob. Both ride the wheels off a Gen I busa on bone stock suspension. Both are in the 200 lb range and neither has so much as upgraded the springs. !

hey what about Me and Babusa ?? LOL

The real point is how many of you would stick with stock shock if you were offered a 4 way shock for free?
I bet not many.
Therefore it proves my point. If you thought stock shock was that good you would decline the.
offer

BB

The real point is how many of you would stick with stock shock if you were offered a 4 way shock for free?
I bet not many.
Therefore it proves my point. If you thought stock shock was that good you would decline the.
offer

BB[/QUOTE

You are absolutely correct, if you are going to spend money on something regardless of price suspension is the best place to start.

However, most of us are not rolling in replaceable cash so it comes down to intelligent decisions on where to spend our disposable cash.

It's long been my preference to spend disposable cash on improving the software (Rider Skill) vs Bling. What could be more gratifying than to throw a leg over the seat and wring a bikes neck with authority?

Rider Training: So much needed, so little demand!

Tuf,

You are correct, no amount of aftermarket equipment will help an untrained rider and the safest way to improve is at the track. I too think the best money is spent on suspension before any other area as you "feel" it over every bump....

And since "I am rolling in so much cash", free shocks for everybody. Offer conditional upon .....

^"free shocks for everybody"? i'm in! seriously, nice shock and i wish i had the cheese for one.

I bought a 14 year old bike knowing it would need a few things but it already has 15k worth of goodies lol

My BKing hammers over the bumps (and pogo sticks at times) from the racetech spring on the rear. I wish I could get my stock shock dialed in but I think it is not rebuildable/revalvable. So I soldier on with the piece of junk cause I'm way too cheap to cough up money for an aftermarket shock. Well unless my back starts to bother me more than I will have to buy one.

How much do you weigh?
Have you set the sag?
I'm over 190lbs in gear, and my B-King is smooth street riding, even over harsh bumps.
I can't compare apples to oranges and say it's a great a corner carver like a gsxr, but considering what the B-King is, big, long, heavy, upright, it's an excellent bike...all things considered.:beerchug:

Back