My Busa Bash saddlebag

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Yep! Now you can say you've seen everything :)
Was digging around in shed other day and re-found this box that came with my brothers scooter.
Still in box it was. As I was moving it a :idea: went off and well I have to say it works pretty good.
I did a dry run last night. Rode about thirty miles at speeds up to 100 or so and it stayed put. I can pack all I need for a week in it and it's waterproof. Even a matching blue :laugh:

1572dda8.jpg

Blanca you could get a rear seat pan and make a cool mount for that.

I was thinking about that and may do it. It is already drilled in the bottom. It's a cheap plastic Chinese scooter box and I dont think I'd trust just having it bolted to a seat pan? The bottom would probably break off and my stuff would go flying? Bungie net works well for now. Only gonna need it once......maybe twice :laugh:

Cool!! All you need is a rostra cruise control so you can let go the handle bars and sit back on the highway! Lol!! ......... We are in Florida. So, you don't need to turn!!

he'll defly need duck tape half way on the trip....and thats if the "cheap box" survives the wrath of the road when the bungees give in

I've got an extra bungie net as well as I think I'll use a small ratchet strap for more security.
Chef I may take you up on that pan? I like how it is now because if I mount it to a raw pan then what?
I carry the regular passenger seat in the box or leave it home. Now I just remove box and bike is as normal.

Similiar to what I use for traveling. Remove the passenger seat and drill 4 holes in the luggage box and bolt it down to the bike using the bolt holes for the rear body work and grab bar for a secure luggage container.
14kv2a.jpg

Similiar to what I use for traveling. Remove the passenger seat and drill 4 holes in the luggage box and bolt it down to the bike using the bolt holes for the rear body work and grab bar for a secure luggage container.
14kv2a.jpg

I want to ride up and remove box and leave it in the room. Then just tool around till I depart.
If I bolt it to something then I'll lose my regular passenger seat. I'll have to either leave it home and leave box on all the time, bring it with me, or ride around with a big open trunk.
I only need it for this one thing, well maybe in Sept too :)

I've got an extra bungie net as well as I think I'll use a small ratchet strap for more security.
Chef I may take you up on that pan? I like how it is now because if I mount it to a raw pan then what?
I carry the regular passenger seat in the box or leave it home. Now I just remove box and bike is as normal.
I'd definately either use 2 bungee's or a bungee and something else like you're thinking. Things mounted on bikes like that have a way of disappearing over long rides :laugh: Sure don't want that coming off and hitting anyone behind you :banghead:

Back