My Buddy low-sided his VTX1300

majestic12

Hunting Kawasakis
Donating Member
Registered
9 of us got together and went on what we call the "Pie Ride." So named because the destination is a dinner in Green Bluff, Washington that makes pies from fruits that happen to be in season in the local area.

The ride is mostly 2 lane back roads. It was on one of these back roads that it happend. The two in front had been on the ride before so they led the others. I was two up in the #3 position. My friend in the #2 position was also two up. He has years of experince and the only one with more experince in the saddle then myself.

We were having a good time and not tearing up the corners becasue we wanted some of the newer ridders in the middle of the group to practice the counter steering with out the false idea that they needed to keep up.

As we came into a sweeping left turn the number two rider's line took him into some patches of gravel left by a logging operation. It was an impressive display of skill and keeping his wits about him. His back tire stepped out. This casued his line to go even wider and his lean angle to increase. Next his left foot peg touched down and push him to a more upright position.

Up until this point I though I was going to be ribbing him for showing off. The problem is the road way was not an even curve and the pavement that was under his rear tire ceased to exist. As the rear tire sunk into the loose packed pea gravel the bike went all the way to the low side. He then parted company with the bike and followed it along the road. His passenger left around the same time and found some dead underbrush to cushin her impact. The bike found a place to high center and roll one and a half times and come to rest on it's right side.

The only injurys sustained were a pullen ligament in a knee and some pride.

they will be around to ride another day.

group.jpg

tiger run.jpg

foward right side.jpg

right side behind.jpg

Unknown roads are scarey..... but we always seem to "push it"

Glad there where no major injuries..

Glad to hear everyone made out ok.

Except for the Lack of Mirrors, Folded handle bars, Back Rest, Saddle Bags, Custom seat, and all that Dirt, It looks just like my VTX

Yup, Good to hear they walked away with minor injuries... I don't ride with cruiser riders anymore cause although they maybe great riders the cruiser will touchdown first and let the rider down... Time for him to get a BUSA!!! LoL... I've also found in my riding time that most cruiser riders are constantly pushing the limits of their bikes to keep up with sportbike riders that are really not even riding near 40% of their capabilities... I know cause I also ride a goldwing and have done this many times where I'm riding with sportbikes and push it to keep them in sight, LoL...

Back