My buddy at work has been doin' the math.....

J.Busa

Registered
And he is almost convinced that his 04 Buell XB12R firebolt can take my 02 Busa in a race. He said in the 1/8th or 1/4 mile only, and also he said without a doubt he can get me on the 60' foot time.... now I'm not a drag racer and I haven't practiced launching this bike, but I'm pretty confident that my bike can smoke this Buell. I rode this bike when he bought it and I was not impressed by anything it did, except tickle my feet .....I think HD needs to stick to building cruisers.....

What do you guys think????

All I ever see for the most part are Busa's and 14's at the drag strip.. I think he would be foolish to go messin' with the strip kings unless he had some serious performance mods done (NOS/Turbo, etc..) :laugh: :beerchug:

Firebolt® XB12R
Air/oil/fan-cooled 1203cc Thunderstorm® V-Twin
Details 103 HP @ 6800 RPM 84 ft. lbs. @ 6000 RPM $9,995

from what i see on their web site i'm thinking....NO!!!

My neighbor has the same Buell with Vance& Hines exhaust & minor mods . I will tell you on first hand experience that the Buell has good torque but there is no way in H*** he should be able to beat you unless he has alot more mods. I smoked my neighbor so bad that he was thinking of getting a Busa !! :whistle:

100_0256.jpg

And he is almost convinced that his 04 Buell XB12R firebolt can take my 02 Busa in a race. He said in the 1/8th or 1/4 mile only, and also he said without a doubt he can get me on the 60' foot time.... now I'm not a drag racer and I haven't practiced launching this bike, but I'm pretty confident that my bike can smoke this Buell. I rode this bike when he bought it and I was not impressed by anything it did, except tickle my feet .....I think HD needs to stick to building cruisers.....

Are you serious ???

:rofl:

Been doing the math huh.

Make sure he is using the correct formula.

Formula ### 2004 Buell VS 2002 Busa = Him getting his AZZ handed to him.

Formula ### 2004 Buell VS 2002 Busa = Him getting his AZZ handed to him

2004 Buell vs any Busa = Him getting his AZZ handed to him
2004 Buell vs any Busa missing a spark plug wire= Him getting his AZZ handed to him:laugh:

yep math seems to check out, but I like the Buell just wouldn't go to them to buy a turn key high performance machine.

I've ridden that Buell, it won't touch any sportbike anywhere at anytime for any reason in any way...ever :laugh: They're cool but slow. Besides its been tested by tons of magazines online and in print if he needs to know the hard numbers :thumbsup: He doesn't tho, he just wants to armchair fantasize about his bike. The last thing he wants is for reality to burst his bubble :rofl: If you have the need to brag about your bike, you have to get a bike that actually has bragging rights. Older Buells are cool in some ways, but speed isn't one of them :banghead:

It's a good thing that your buddy doesn't do math for a living. :)

If you're equal riders you'll own him. If he's a little better than you, you'll own him.

Math or Not, Bench racing and real world are very different things. Remember that the new GSXR1Ks, R1s, etc all have "better" 1/4 mile times than our Busa's. But in the real world, the Busa's length, weight, and wheelbase overcome the advantage of the smaller more powerful bikes in all but expert hands.

I had the busa about 4 months when a friend and I played a little against his super tricked out Vr0d... was not even a competition at all.. He had all this "screaming eagle" stuff added on and the bike was maybe $30G? it ran good for a vtwin but was not even a close second...

You want to have something a bit closer? Get GixerHP to roll out his Vtwin liter bike...

A guy where I work just bought a new buell 1125 and I smoked him with my stock 08, you should have no problem with an 04 buell

Vrod :rofl::rofl::rofl: I love watching the hardley guys ride around on them thinking they have something fast beneath them.

One word............................... Clueless!! :laugh:

Back