My buddies gixxer

cool.gif

Tell him to wax the primer. It will look like wet suede. Sweet ride. Its a Mullet ride for sure.

sorta looks like a ducati monster with the dark finish from here.

I sorta like it, if it looks uniform up close anyway.

If it was a nasty drag racing/corner carving machine I would understand the flat primer. (easy to fix!)

But on a new(er) bike, whats the story
rock.gif
I hope its good.
laugh.gif

When I was young and didn't have any money, I had a old Trans-Am painted that way. Had to repaint it every month or so to keep it looking decent.

Okay guys lemme give you the backround on this project so it will make a little more sense. I should have told that part in the beggining. Me and my buddy bought these bikes brand new a week apart from each other. The second summer we had them my friend wrecked that gixxer really bad. He got into that stunt riding stuff really big (stupid I know) and down his bike on a country road at almost 100 mph. The bike didn't hit anything just went in a straight line for a half mile all on its own and then crashed into a ditch. It cracked the nose, scratched the sidefairings pretty good, and did some cosmetic damage but believe it or not the bike is running as it was right now. Thats a little dangerous for me I would have at least had a pro check it out but he pretty much picked it up out of the ditch, straightened the forks, replaced the front rim, and is riding it that way to this day. He has been riding it like that all of last summer and this summer. He decided that to kind of hide the damage he was going to spray paint over it all and he has always loved the flat black look even before the wreck. Believe me the bike was in FAR from new condition. It doesn't look bad in the before pic but it had been layed down three times. It does look better than it did. But I think he is going to have to keep touching that up quite often to keep it from looking like hell down the road.

did he use Satin paint or primer? If he used primer he will have to keep re-spraying it, but if it is black satin or flat black it will continue to look like that forever. Only down side is that wherever there is a lot of contact with the paint (Like legs rubbing on the gas tank) it will begin to develop a shine or different look to it.

Back