My (bike) life...

Quiksilver

Registered
comming up i really didn't ride dirt bike, mostly four wheelers. i rode a dirt bike a total of two times lol. My first time out I accidentally let the clutch out and gassed it and almost crashed. the second time out i did a lil better but didnt feel too comfortable. fast forward a few years and my friend had just gotten a used r6. It was the day after prom so i wasn't in the greatest state to be riding a motorcycle. i told him i didn't want to ride because i wasn't feeling the greatest and that i didn't have the best record on two wheels. He basically told me to grow some and man up. so i did, came up to the first stop sign and completely stopped. i let the clutch out but too much and i gassed it too much(go figure) and layed her down. At this point i know i will never own or ride a motorcyle again. Fast forward a few more years and my brother buys him a zuk 750. He asks me if i want to ride it but i decline and tell him about the misfortunes i have had with two wheels and do not wish to wreck his ride. So he insists on giving me a crash course (get it) and i will have no problems and to take it for a spin. so at this point i hop on the bike and take off. I tell myself i will get it this time and i wont make the same mistake. so i go to the end of the road and take my time turning around. I end up turning around in a field and the grass is really wet. The bike ends up slipping in the wet grass and barely hits the ground and im freaking out at this point because this bike is alot nicer than the last one but i couldnt find any damage.

My brother calls me up and says his friend just bout a cbr and told him we would lower it while he was at work. We end up bringing both bikes to my house and lowering our friends bike. My brother asks if i wanna ride and i politely decline lol. Again he convinces me to take the ride. While im freaking out and scared to death i just let all the bad memories and feelings about bikes go. i didn't miss a lick i didn't drop it or have any real problems while riding that day. My brother end up cosigning for his brother in law for a yamaha 600r. Guy wrecks the bike and doesn't finish paying. My brother ends up paying off the bike and gives it to me. I had to rebuild the carbs fis wires buy a complete fairing set, tons of work basically. I went to the drag strip quite a bit with that bike. imi kinda surprised the clutch didnt blow or the engine lol.

My friend skeche comes along and tells me about this busa for sale, same color scheme i was looking for. he says it has a turbo. At this point im not sure if i can handle a turbo bike or not but decide to check it out. the bike looks really clean and the price was right so i pulled the trigger and bought it. well the bike stalls after a hard run. So i turn to this site for help....

I get a good bit of help and what i should look for so i basically go down the list. changed bad check valves bad vacuum hoses plugs all that good stuff. I end up taking the bike all the way to alabama for them to tell me the turbo is bad. bummer... and they say they can hook me up with a cheap turbo for 800 bucks. i decline and travel att the way back to Louisiana. So i add a blow off valve and get a new turbo a few months down the road. I get it all back together and eventually get the bike dyno tuned. wow like a brand new bike. about a week later i can smell fuel at idle and i mean alot. plugs are fouled and the bike is running weird again. so i order an air fuel/boost gauge. Air/fuel ratio was at 9 at idle and 15+ at full boost. im surprised my engine has lasted this long. At this point im not sure what im going to do with the bike. I decide to get it done right and brought it out of state to get fixed up.

I got the shop to do a rough one over and a compression and leak down test to check the state. everything checked out to be ok, whew, what a relief. Bike has been gone for some time, and am not sure when it will be complete due to unforseen events. But hey stuff happens. Now i am at a crossroads again wheter to keep it or not. I have recently looked at the 2015 hayabusa and the gen 2 has been growing on me. I have lost hope of a third generation hayabusaever becomming a reality.

I was told recently that i may have to have surgery on my neck and that riding a motorcyle isn't the best idea. pahahaha yea ok doc. It hurtls like hell but i cannot see myself living the rest of my days and not being on two wheels. ive met alot of great people on here and cant wait to meet some of yall in person. ive done a few poker runs and came across alot of different people. it amazes me how diverse people are but can be drawn to each other through the love of motorcycles. For me it has become a true way of life for me, Taking trips to new orleans to the ducatti shop or to the race track and race the carts to the drag strip or to baton rouge to cycle gear or the trips just to get out and ride. Its been a long ride and hopefully it keeps going. BIKE LIFE!

nice story quik....i would fix that turbo machine up if i was you....a stock busa after the turbo just wont do it for you.

Thanks viper! I still live the look of the gen 1. I finally purchased one after wanting one for 10 years lol I don't want to give it up. I seen a black 2015 and really liked the look. I think I will follow your advice and stick with what I have. I'll admit, after seeing Murderedout07 serinity build in person I kinda fell in love with it. (The bike lol) work is skeche right now so it looks I'll be on old Betsy for awhile.

Back