My bike is raised

omslaw

Michelle owns my Busa
Staff member
Administrator
Well, while I have some downtime while waiting for parts to put my motor back together, I'll take a moment to post some pics of one of my lastest mods, or should I say...additions to my 'shop'.

Last month I purchased a Motorcycle lift from Harbor Freight. Man is it nice not having to crouch down on the concrete to get at the frankenstein bolts and/or drain the oil. The bike just raises up to a comfy work height!

Here are some pics:

Oooooh, ahhhhh!

CIMG2002__Small_.JPG

Very little assembly, just put the metal casters/wheels on and bolt the vice and front stop on:

CIMG2005__Small_.JPG

There's a removable ramp (back of the pic on the floor) and also a removable plate under the rear wheel. Not much use for me, but if one were to have a Hardley Ableson, this could be handy to assist with rear wheel removal.

CIMG2007__Small_.JPG

That rocks! Gonna have to get one of those in the future!!

This is raised at full height; i just use my rear stand as the vice is kinda cheesy. I've got a Baxley Chock on the way; I'll prolly remove the vice and just use the Baxley...

CIMG2008__Small_.JPG

Oh, and since the subject is bike is raised and lowered

Here's the lowered:
tounge.gif

CIMG2012__Small_.JPG

That's all for now.

Harbor Freight Linksta!

The lift I got was on sale for $299 PLUS I had a 20% off Coupon! The above is all my local store stocked.

HF has another unit that's about $100 more that has a better, more useful front vice AND it is pneumatic-powered.

But, I figured for as often as I would use it, I could give my legs a little exercise!
biggrin.gif

Looks like you know what you're doing...at least I hope you do...scares me just looking at your bike like that.

Looked at the same model myself...so how many time do you have to step on that thing to get it all the way up?

(Over_Easy @ Mar. 14 2007,22:18) Looks like you know what you're doing...at least I hope you do...scares me just looking at your bike like that.

Looked at the same model myself...so how many time do you have to step on that thing to get it all the way up?
Hmmm. Stand by.

Sixty-Seven.

If I were using this in a repair shop where I would be lowering/raising all day long, yeah it would get old VERY quickly.

However, since I'll only use mine for routine maintenance (or not so routine as the case with my warped head - the bike's not mine! - I can live with it and I saved $100 over the pneumatic.)

As Rhythm sez, "I got more time than money!"

Man, I'd be pissed if I spent that much $$$ on my lift, only to have it steal half the **** off my bike!

bowdown.gif
I gots to have one of dem..
beerchug.gif
Very cool Omar..

Hey Wife can I have..
laugh.gif

Back