My bike have a Tricky Leak

The new seal has a raised edge, this needs to be ground down on a bench grinder, it’s hardened steel, I found the easiest way, was to grind it (watch your fingers, it gets hot), you only need to take off the raised edge.
I found it a real pain, to drag the old seal out of the recess, between the crankcasses but once I had damaged my old seal, I had no option but to continue, it was then that I opened the workshop manual and saw Suzuki’s terrible design.
If you understand what I did, you shouldn’t have any problem getting a good result.

I did not get a notification for this reply.... sorry for late replying....

Thanks for the description!

I think i understand perfectly what you did.... But I am really nervous about that seal...
If i was a millionaire i would have bought you a plane ticket and booked you in a 5 star hotel to come fix it for me! :lol:

Would have stripped and fixed it tomorrow-but my supplier is out of stock for oil. So the oil will arrive somewhere next week according to them then we will sort it out.

Got a hole list of stuff to do to that bike....

You know whats strange, about a month or maybe a bit more ago, we filled her up with oil just a little bit above the full mark.... Teusday i checked the oil level again and it did not drop.... if it did drop, it must be unnoticeable by eye.
But after each ride there falls out a bit of oil.... when doing distance 2/3 drops but when doing errants in town where clutch is used more- a littlebit of more oil. Say like 6-8 drops maybe.....

I did not get a notification for this reply.... sorry for late replying....

Thanks for the description!

I think i understand perfectly what you did.... But I am really nervous about that seal...
If i was a millionaire i would have bought you a plane ticket and booked you in a 5 star hotel to come fix it for me! :lol:

Would have stripped and fixed it tomorrow-but my supplier is out of stock for oil. So the oil will arrive somewhere next week according to them then we will sort it out.

Got a hole list of stuff to do to that bike....

You know whats strange, about a month or maybe a bit more ago, we filled her up with oil just a little bit above the full mark.... Teusday i checked the oil level again and it did not drop.... if it did drop, it must be unnoticeable by eye.
But after each ride there falls out a bit of oil.... when doing distance 2/3 drops but when doing errants in town where clutch is used more- a littlebit of more oil. Say like 6-8 drops maybe.....
I think if you were a millionaire, you wouldn’t be attempting this yourself lol but I’m always up for a free 5 star hotel :thumbsup::thumbsup:
You don’t need to change the oil, to do this modification.

I think if you were a millionaire, you wouldn’t be attempting this yourself lol but I’m always up for a free 5 star hotel :thumbsup::thumbsup:
You don’t need to change the oil, to do this modification.

Oh.... Okay.... Thought the bike needed to be empty on oil so that it could be cleaned and dried neatly there where the oil is coming from....

Your resting oil level, is very much lower, than the pushrod channel, no need to drain the oil.
You only need to make sure that the area, where the seal goes, is free from grease, so that the sealant bonds.

Your resting oil level, is very much lower, than the pushrod channel, no need to drain the oil.
You only need to make sure that the area, where the seal goes, is free from grease, so that the sealant bonds.

Ok... Understood. But we must give the bike a service also the 50 000km service. So as we are using my friends workshop for it, think we will just wait to get everything then do all repairs and maintenance at one time.

Hi....

So to update.... We did follow your instructions @David Offor , and today is day 3 that there is no sign of leaking from that seal! Bike is in perfect condition again! Just need to fit a new rear tyre which i will fit tomorrow or Teusday.
Thank you so much for sharing with me the photos and instructions on how you fixed your seal...

Also thanks to everyone else who posted their thoughts and advise on my thread....

Its much appreciated!

Hi....

So to update.... We did follow your instructions @David Offor , and today is day 3 that there is no sign of leaking from that seal! Bike is in perfect condition again! Just need to fit a new rear tyre which i will fit tomorrow or Teusday.
Thank you so much for sharing with me the photos and instructions on how you fixed your seal...

Also thanks to everyone else who posted their thoughts and advise on my thread....

Its much appreciated!
That’s great news, always happy to help and share any experience or knowledge I have.
This site has helped me out a few times, it saves us a fortune, in bike repairs.

So the bike started leaking again!
But this time out of the sump.... We had difficulty the last 2/3 times in sealing the sump. So we stripped the sump and found that it has been rewired before..................... And who ever did it-did it skew.................... So i had it handed in to redo it. Now it is welded and rewired properly. Its a week now almost with no leak.

I am not quite happy with the weld. As it stands out a bit and that safety guard thingy is not there anymore. But i am getting a new sump Saturday. Or not new it is coming of a Busa that got wrecked a while ago which is getting stripped now for parts. So with the next service i will just fit that sump then and then i guess i should be happy again.....

So the bike started leaking again!
But this time out of the sump.... We had difficulty the last 2/3 times in sealing the sump. So we stripped the sump and found that it has been rewired before..................... And who ever did it-did it skew.................... So i had it handed in to redo it. Now it is welded and rewired properly. Its a week now almost with no leak.

I am not quite happy with the weld. As it stands out a bit and that safety guard thingy is not there anymore. But i am getting a new sump Saturday. Or not new it is coming of a Busa that got wrecked a while ago which is getting stripped now for parts. So with the next service i will just fit that sump then and then i guess i should be happy again.....

If you need stuff shipped here from the USA, check with your friends your side. They use a company who ships to SA at great prices. Any other method and it is a customs nightmare, gets lost and real expensive. PM me if you can't find the info as I have shipped for a buddy before but will have to search for the info.

If you can get me a company name of whom is dealing with the shipping it would be awesome!?! Of all my freinds, i am the one who do ebay/ali express etc purchases and bring it in for them.
But i am going to stop that now as i bought 8 pairs of frame sliders mid January which still not arrived. So now i am the one who is kept responsible for that.

If you can get me a company name of whom is dealing with the shipping it would be awesome!?! Of all my freinds, i am the one who do ebay/ali express etc purchases and bring it in for them.
But i am going to stop that now as i bought 8 pairs of frame sliders mid January which still not arrived. So now i am the one who is kept responsible for that.
I have no association with these folks, but my daughter in Lanseria used them a couple of times and it went fine. Suggest you try something small first to check them out.

https://www.myus.com/za/

So @jellyrug -I just registered an account with them. Selected the free trial for 30 days option and after that its $7-00 per month which is quite affordable and acceptable! I see i can ship Amazon packages through them aswel.... So i bet Ali Expres and Ebay orders i can also work through them, aslong as it is in the USA, do you know perhaps?

I have to wait 72hours now for approval-then i am going to get a little something for them to bring in...

Last edited:
Tried to edit my last post but reached time limit that i cannot edit anymore, but what i wanted to edit is that i got an email from them-saying that if i get approved, i will receive and delivery address in the USA. So all my packages get shipped to that address, then they work out quote and everything for it to be shipped to me. Thats quite awesome!

My chain broke and snapped the clutch push rod as well as the seal which I may have damaged more by trying to dig out the broken portion of the rod that was partially below the inside lip of the seal. The best way to get the broken rod out is with neodymium magnates, you may have to make a bulk purchase of 1/4'" round magnates or have a friend that has plenty of them.

I read of a couple of different ways to effect the repair of the seal the most disturbing was to grind it away destroying the lip it sits in then taking a new seal and placing it in the place of the old seal securing it with High Temp RTV (HTRV). THIS I WILL NOT RECOMMEND DOING.

I left my seal in place, de-greased it with Brake Cleaner and a few Q-Tips then I squeezed a fair amount of HTRTV inside the hole the push rod goes into then I used the push rod to push the HTRTV through wiping of the excess HTRTV. I used HTRTV to hold in place two 1/4''o-rings, I used the push rod to align the two O-Rings and I scuffed the surface to seal since I built up an 1/4" layer of HTRTV almost like moat.

I let it cure for 24 hours but I did not leave the push rod in I removed it once the HTRTV began to get tacky, I started it once the cure time was reached and wallah not more leak and it still has not leaked. I'm not sure if the O-Rings mattered or if using the HTRTV as filler did the trick but either way it is not leaking like a sieve anymore.

BCLeaner.jpg

Rod HTRTV.jpg

RTV.jpg

Seal.jpg

Back