My bike hauler (open)

JrGMan

Registered
Have been a member here for a little while now and didn't realize that there was a section on trailering. I was going to by a small enclosed trailer until I measured the opening of my garage and realized that even a small trailer wouldn't fit. I wasn't comfortable parking a trailer in my yard so I bought an open trailer (MFI Trailers brand) which has served me really well and fits in the garage easily. It pulls really well and is hardly noticeable behind my 1/2 ton 4x4 pickup truck. I haven't heard a lot about the chock that I use, it is called the Wheeldock (WHEELDOCK - The Official Site - wheeldock.com) and similar to the Baxley can be used for either trailering or parking the bike in the garage. I only use 1 strap to lock the bike to the chock as insurance, no chance of rubbing the fairings with straps. I apologize for showing a picture of my 600 and not the 'Busa...:laugh:

Bike.jpg

Bike Trailer 003.jpg

Thanks for the compliments guys!
In response to the question of cost, I purchased it used for $750 and believe it sells
for approximately $1400 new. Mine was made in 2004 and was in really nice shape.
Would someday hope to upgrade to an enclosed trailer but am happy to own any trailer.
Lets hope the spring gets here quickly!:thumbsup:

Back