My biggest regret

groran1000

Registered
I've been a member here since 2003. The admin couldn't find my info for groran, my screen name, so I had to re join in 2013 with name groran1000 .Back in 03, there was a rider that was a lieutenant with a swat team in a mid size city in Louisiana. He practically begged me to go there and ride all the time. He told me, man we can haul azz down the city streets, pull wheelies, and any thing we want to do and all the cops will do is laugh, because they all knew who he was, their boss basically and what his busa looked like. I always wondered what it would be like to do that, anything on my busa that I wanted and NOT get a ticket. Please no bashing the cops because they get away with stuff or break the law. I thought it would be fun to mention it. He was super nice guy and I got a ticket doing 110 mph:race: in a 55 zone on I -49 cut in half with no community service which would have been something outrageous like 100 hours:eek: or so or it would be jail time. What's your biggest regret??

I have a few regrets...

1. Selling my Supercharged Vette. I loved it but it was just not practical to daily drive in 100 degree temps every single day. Just running to the store was an issue because I had to let it warm up due to the cam. Yes it was a headache but I still miss it like crazy. Perhaps I will have another one in the future, who knows.

2. Not getting into motorcycles earlier. I waited till I was in my 30s to buy my first Busa. My mom hated the idea of me being on a motorcycle but I have to tell you its like freedom. I love riding more than anything, its an absolute blast! I started out on a cruiser and went to a busa fairly quickly after some experience. I never owned another sports bike. I rode my buddys R1 down the street once and it was SO uncomfortable. But the busa is like a couch compared to it. I love it!

Regrets, I've had a few but then again too many to mention.
As far as vehicles I regret selling my 14 GT500. It was just a fun car to drive. I liked driving it more than the Hellcat I later had and sold.

Regrets, I've had a few but then again too many to mention.
As far as vehicles I regret selling my 14 GT500. It was just a fun car to drive. I liked driving it more than the Hellcat I later had and sold.
I wanted one so so bad! I had a Saleen S281 and when the 5.4 came out I was in love but never had the cash to make it happen. What color was yours?

I wanted one so so bad! I had a Saleen S281 and when the 5.4 came out I was in love but never had the cash to make it happen. What color was yours?
Here is a picture...
IMG_0593.JPG

I think I was meant to be single so I'd say "getting married". Getting divorced when you shoulda never been married in the first place is rough. You lose what you had and you never got what you shoulda had but that's gone now too. Nothing has had nearly such a big (and negative) impact on my life before or since. I'll have to have something huge happen to top that.

I got a 110 mph ticket too. In a 65 mph zone. It makes a lot more sense to do 160 for a few seconds on a county road instead of cruise the interstate at a paltry 110. I found out it's not worth it to get busted for that because it's not even very fast and almost guaranteed a cop will see you within a month.

I think I was meant to be single so I'd say "getting married". Getting divorced when you shoulda never been married in the first place is rough. You lose what you had and you never got what you shoulda had but that's gone now too. Nothing has had nearly such a big (and negative) impact on my life before or since. I'll have to have something huge happen to top that.

I got a 110 mph ticket too. In a 65 mph zone. It makes a lot more sense to do 160 for a few seconds on a county road instead of cruise the interstate at a paltry 110. I found out it's not worth it to get busted for that because it's not even very fast and almost guaranteed a cop will see you within a month.

On my 4th marriage, divorces are tough. Been with the current for 18 years though.

[/QUOTE]

I was doin the speed limit until a cutie in a sport car pulls next to me in the left lane, goes even with me, then looks at me, smiles, then floors it, I couldn't resist!! I was getting off on the next exit anyway. Cop right behind me and I look on the other side and another cop was getting off same exit but on other side, ready for the chase. Cop tells me if I would not have gotten off the exit, he would have chased down the cutie. After all of it, I got to thinking. It was sunday and the other cop could have went and got the cutie. I believe to this day, it was his grand daughter provoking us fast boys to speed and grandpa got big juicy double over the limit tickets!!!!

I regretted selling my GSXR1000K6 that I bought new, had it for two and a half years, and buying a KTM Supermoto and a KTM 990 Adventure.
I bought the Busa and sold the KTM's and still regretted selling the Gixxer . . . until I rode my buddy's K6 Gixxer last year.
Then I REALLY appreciated how roomy and comfy the Busa is!
I no longer regret selling the K6 Gixxer!! YAY!!!!

Been with the current for 18 years though.
That's gotta last forever. Good for you. Wish I could find one.

I believe to this day, it was his grand daughter provoking us fast boys to speed and grandpa got big juicy double over the limit tickets!!!!
All it takes is for anyone to egg me on and I will put on a show. If it would be a hot chick, there's no question. Hmmm yes I think you might have been framed. :redface:

Back