My Bi-Monthly smile

jellyrug

Donating Member
Registered
I only get to ride my K9 once every two months. Rest of the time it sits on stands in a corner of my garage.

178 miles today, keeping her between 80-90, with an occasional blip to 140 in 6th, which happens in seconds.

178 miles on 3.7 gallons with the nasty 10% ethanol.

What more can one ask from a bike.

Just don’t have time to ride.
There are certain priorities in life, riding your Busa is right up there.... make time?
What I’m saying is for me, I know you’re obviously busy, and I guess even twice a month is a squeeze, but really?

There are certain priorities in life, riding your Busa is right up there.... make time?
What I’m saying is for me, I know you’re obviously busy, and I guess even twice a month is a squeeze, but really?
Running a business, 6-7 days a week and on 6 acres with endless projects. Then there is something called family, who want to do things together. They don’t ride motorcycles.

The building industry here is out of capacity, just about everyone has more than they can handle the last two years.

Us Americans work harder than most other countries. I have not been to New Zealand, but use to do a lot of business in Australia.

Running a business, 6-7 days a week and on 6 acres with endless projects. Then there is something called family, who want to do things together. They don’t ride motorcycles.

The building industry here is out of capacity, just about everyone has more than they can handle the last two years.

Us Americans work harder than most other countries. I have not been to New Zealand, but use to do a lot of business in Australia.
Been there and done that, I've had bikes sit for years as I was deployed quite a bit and throw in a short riding season to boot. It got so hard to see them all sitting, I sold them off keeping only one....and even it sat quite a bit.

I wouldn't go so far to say the people of the US work any harder than any other country...

I feel your pain! I work almost every day for at least a few hours. The commercial industry is catching up to the residential builders and we have projects stacking up. I also watch my Mom on Saturday so my weekends are part of one day.

I ride the BMW more than the Busa because with storage I can work it into errands and chores. I only took the Busa out 3 times this summer for quick 2-3 hour rides.

Been there and done that, I've had bikes sit for years as I was deployed quite a bit and throw in a short riding season to boot. It got so hard to see them all sitting, I sold them off keeping only one....and even it sat quite a bit.

I wouldn't go so far to say the people of the US work any harder than any other country...
How would you know that? How many countries have you worked in?

Canada ranks a little above the US in vacation days 10 mandated for Canada as paid.

The US has no Federal law mandating how many paid vacation days are mandated to employees.

France 30 days

UK 28 days.

If you part of the ownership of a company there is no vacation. You do what you have to do. It can be a grind but nothing is worse than laying people off.

Canada ranks a little above the US in vacation days 10 mandated for Canada as paid.

The US has no Federal law mandating how many paid vacation days are mandated to employees.

France 30 days

UK 28 days.
NZ has 28 days paid leave, 10 days paid sick leave and 11 days paid public holidays for employees, so it's not too bad here lol.
Running and owning a business or self-employment is a whole different thing!

NZ has 28 days paid leave, 10 days paid sick leave and 11 days paid public holidays for employees, so it's not too bad here lol.
Running and owning a business or self-employment is a whole different thing!
At my job I've been there long enough that I earn 12 hours of pto a month which isn't bad but that has to be used for any sick days or anything I have to take off. Being as I don't have family to help with my kids I usually end up using it as fast a I get it especially when they force me to use it if I have to take a day off when they have us scheduled 6 days a week which was about 8 or 9 months of last year. Up until last year I was averaging almost 15k a year on the bike and now I'm lucky if I've done that in the last 2 and my season is about over :banghead:

France 30 days

UK 28 days.
:shocked: really??

You said "Americans work harder than most countries"......and I disagree...

I've been to many countries but did not to work within their economy...as I was there for other reasons and interests.

All I had to do was open my eyes to see how hard many of these people work-from sun-up to sun-down and much of it by hand.

Many of these countries have no labor laws or unions or anyone to protect them as far as welfare or social assistance-they work or starve.

I had a few federal civilian employees working for me here in Canada that I'd love to take to a couple of these countries so they knew what work looked like.

:shocked: really??

You said "Americans work harder than most countries"......and I disagree...

I've been to many countries but did not to work within their economy...as I was there for other reasons and interests.

All I had to do was open my eyes to see how hard many of these people work-from sun-up to sun-down and much of it by hand.

Many of these countries have no labor laws or unions or anyone to protect them as far as welfare or social assistance-they work or starve.

I had a few federal civilian employees working for me here in Canada that I'd love to take to a couple of these countries so they knew what work looked like.
I was referring to countries with first world economies, as that represents most who frequent this forum.

Anyway, Americans work harder than Canadians, google is your friend.

I was referring to countries with first world economies, as that represents most who frequent this forum.

Anyway, Americans work harder than Canadians, google is your friend.
Sure you do....and "Google" isn't real life.....

I'd wager people in the US and people in Canada work just as hard as each other. Our work days are similar, our working hours are similar, our stores are open 7 days a week with many in our larger centers open 24 hrs. I'd almost say when they say US, Canada could be clumped into there as well seeing as we are very similar.

I "Googled" it, I guess it all depends on which site you choose as to the result...I saw some "Google" results from a couple years ago stating Canada was the 4th hardest working country...who knows how these things are established...

10. United States​

The United States is the tenth-hardest-working country in the world. The U.S. worker averages 1,786 hours per year, just below Poland and the Czech Republic. American workers are not guaranteed paid sick leave or paid maternity leave, unlike their European counterparts. Workers in the mining and logging industries work the longest hours in the U.S., about 44 hours per week.

Canada

The other reasons why Canada is a great place to work include: ... Canada has a comparatively lower rate of unemployment than the U.S., particularly among young people. The country provides decent healthcare, paid holidays and paid leave, including maternal leave and parental leave to workers.

Sure you do....and "Google" isn't real life.....

I'd wager people in the US and people in Canada work just as hard as each other. Our work days are similar, our working hours are similar, our stores are open 7 days a week with many in our larger centers open 24 hrs. I'd almost say when they say US, Canada could be clumped into there as well seeing as we are very similar.

I "Googled" it, I guess it all depends on which site you choose as to the result...I saw some "Google" results from a couple years ago stating Canada was the 4th hardest working country...who knows how these things are established...

10. United States​

The United States is the tenth-hardest-working country in the world. The U.S. worker averages 1,786 hours per year, just below Poland and the Czech Republic. American workers are not guaranteed paid sick leave or paid maternity leave, unlike their European counterparts. Workers in the mining and logging industries work the longest hours in the U.S., about 44 hours per week.

Canada

The other reasons why Canada is a great place to work include: ... Canada has a comparatively lower rate of unemployment than the U.S., particularly among young people. The country provides decent healthcare, paid holidays and paid leave, including maternal leave and parental leave to workers.
I always smile when people compare a country to the US.

For what it is worth, the GDP in California only, is around $2,811 Billion compared to $1,736 for the entire Canada. That is one state only out of 50.

If you work around the US, each state has its own culture and its own particulars. I will probably get flamed for this, but they say the farther North you go, the colder the heart gets.

So when you compare Canada to the US, which state? People in the South very friendly, tomorrow is another day, people in the North very serious, something needs done, it needs done yesterday.

I always smile when people compare a country to the US.

For what it is worth, the GDP in California only, is around $2,811 Billion compared to $1,736 for the entire Canada. That is one state only out of 50.

If you work around the US, each state has its own culture and its own particulars. I will probably get flamed for this, but they say the farther North you go, the colder the heart gets.

So when you compare Canada to the US, which state? People in the South very friendly, tomorrow is another day, people in the North very serious, something needs done, it needs done yesterday.
I've spent a lot of time in the US training in various bases in many states....I've also been in every province and territory within Canada as well as being in many, many other countries...

The US like many other countries has it's idiosyncrasies, the difference in culture and ideology from state to state is similar to Canada in our distinct way of thinking...

I don't know if you've ever spent any time here in Canada or have toured the various provinces/territories but if you did, you would be able to see this.

Similar to the US our regions within our provinces are diverse in their ideology.

I'm not talking economic power, I'm talking people compared to people and way of life compared to way of life...remember we have a pretty fluid border and at any given time on our hiways we see many American license plates much the same as you will see many license plates from Canada there.

Half of Florida are Canadians...

I've spent a lot of time in the US training in various bases in many states....I've also been in every province and territory within Canada as well as being in many, many other countries...

The US like many other countries has it's idiosyncrasies, the difference in culture and ideology from state to state is similar to Canada in our distinct way of thinking...

I don't know if you've ever spent any time here in Canada or have toured the various provinces/territories but if you did, you would be able to see this.

Similar to the US our regions within our provinces are diverse in their ideology.

I'm not talking economic power, I'm talking people compared to people and way of life compared to way of life...remember we have a pretty fluid border and at any given time on our hiways we see many American license plates much the same as you will see many license plates from Canada there.

Half of Florida are Canadians...
I use to manage a factory in Toronto, use to visit once every six weeks. Nice folks, what scared me was property prices and cost of living. No way I could afford a similar property to what I live on over here and probably won’t be able to harvest deer on my own property 2 1/2 miles away from the city.

Back