My Bandit

It's a 2000, the color is titanium
They seem to have a following, so I’ve always wondered why they sell so cheap. I usually see them on Craigslist from $1700 to $3500 hundred, depending on the year and condition. I never rode one, but seems like you get a lot of bike for the money.

They seem to have a following, so I’ve always wondered why they sell so cheap. I usually see them on Craigslist from $1700 to $3500 hundred, depending on the year and condition. I never rode one, but seems like you get a lot of bike for the money.

They are a good, solid, dependable bike which respond well to mods, it doesn't take much to make them go quick. With a little work they can handle Ok and are good for many uses much like the ZRX or FZ1 or CB1K, etc.

Mine will really straighten your arms when getting on the throttle and wheelies are only a thought away.

I was surprised my older lad didn't jump on the chance to get it....I think he is just comfortable with the bike he has...too bad as I hate to see it sit but don't want to maintain 2 bikes for one rider (me).

I don't know why they go cheap either but they do.

well the reason is they are not ZRX's. :). but seriously folks. Bandits and ZRX's were two of the most hotly contested "Who's Best/" bike of the early 1999/2000. Both could be made to go much faster with assorted factory parts, handle better with simple parts and stop like in glue with better pads and disks. It usually boiled down to brand loyalty and Old school vs newer school. I sold my REX and regretted it before I even quite the ad. But I have a Busa now. its better in most every way but comfort. I can live with that :)

Yep, I always liked the ZRX...I thought Kawasaki did it right with the retro approach with that bike (and others)...my problem was/is I am a Suzuki loyalist...and had to stick with what I know best.

well the reason is they are not ZRX's. :). but seriously folks. Bandits and ZRX's were two of the most hotly contested "Who's Best/" bike of the early 1999/2000. Both could be made to go much faster with assorted factory parts, handle better with simple parts and stop like in glue with better pads and disks. It usually boiled down to brand loyalty and Old school vs newer school. I sold my REX and regretted it before I even quite the ad. But I have a Busa now. its better in most every way but comfort. I can live with that :)
You are not kidding about ZRX’s prices. This one has been for sale for some time. I don’t know anything about them, so not sure if this seller is just out of his mind or what.....

yeh that seller is out of his mind. I mean he has a lot of very nice parts on there but he willl never get that kind of money for it. You can get at least as good for not more than half that on the rex board. As for going into the 7's. If you have the money honey You can get the times. But I am talking real world street bikes. Not drag racing equivalents of Nascar.
Sadly since the newest imported version of either is 2005 replacement factory parts are becoming a problem. But you can keep one going a long time with small production replacement/improvement parts from boutique builders. It is like when, at a bike show, I see a pure stock 69 Honda 750 or a Kawi Z903. I enjoy seeing where it all started But in my mind I'm thinking. Ohlins, Radials mount brakes, Flat slides etc. :)

No doubt expensive as hell and coconuts to ride. Just saying a Bandit with the air/oil motor has done it and to my knowledge a side draft ZX-11 motor has not.

Back