My baby just died on me on the hyway

Badazzbusa09

Registered
I never had a problem out of my 09 busa in almost 11 years . I was riding on the highway normal stuff and it just shut off. No warning. Plenty of fuel. Battery showing 12.9 volts. Fuses all good. But no power at all anywhere. Turn the key and nothing. What's going on ?? Please help!a friend said it may be the computer just gave up????

I never had a problem out of my 09 busa in almost 11 years . I was riding on the highway normal stuff and it just shut off. No warning. Plenty of fuel. Battery showing 12.9 volts. Fuses all good. But no power at all anywhere. Turn the key and nothing. What's going on ?? Please help!a friend said it may be the computer just gave up????
Diagnosing electrical faults should never be a guessing game . . oh lets try replacing that and see if thats the problem?
Very expensive way of going about fixing a problem.
Start at the start . . . check the battery connections, then the ignition fuses, and work down the line.
Are the ignition lights and neutral light working?
Or is the display showing no life at all?

Diagnosing electrical faults should never be a guessing game . . oh lets try replacing that and see if thats the problem?
Very expensive way of going about fixing a problem.
Start at the start . . . check the battery connections, then the ignition fuses, and work down the line.
Are the ignition lights and neutral light working?
Or is the display showing no life at all?
Did that. Fuses good. Battery good. Connectors and wires good. Display showing no life at all. Red ignition switch on and nothing to the starter. It's never done this before and in 11 yrs I ran it hard a few times and never had any issues.

Did that. Fuses good. Battery good. Connectors and wires good. Display showing no life at all. Red ignition switch on and nothing to the starter. It's never done this before and in 11 yrs I ran it hard a few times and never had any issues.
No lights . It's like no power is getting to anything but the battery is good and the wires to it have no visible problems. Has this happened to anyone before?

No lights . It's like no power is getting to anything but the battery is good and the wires to it have no visible problems. Has this happened to anyone before?
The only electrical mods I've had done are xenon conversion and LEDs. But the LEDs are on a separate switch to turn them on and off. And it was in daylight and the switch was off. .

Did you take the battery leads off and give them a real good cleaning with a scotch pad or something?

Like brother Kiwi said, check all the connectors, it is probably something really simple...

The same thing happened to my bike, I cleaned the connectors to the battery, unplugged and plugged as well as sprayed all the plug connectors with electrical contact cleaner and to this day, I'm not sure what fixed it but it hasn't done it again.

Back