My B-King Build

She's looking better and better every day! Glad to see you went with the Boz, if you didn't get it from us, at least you went with second-best! :whistle: But you could've saved over $150, and that's at our retail price. :laugh: keep her goin' and keep posting pics! I love to watch her change!

She's looking better and better every day! Glad to see you went with the Boz, if you didn't get it from us, at least you went with second-best! :whistle: But you could've saved over $150, and that's at our retail price. :laugh: keep her goin' and keep posting pics! I love to watch her change!

Your product looks great. As I continue to "pioneer" this project I find later better and less expensive ways to do things, but I'm happy how everything is turning out. I guess if I have to build out another it'll be a little cheaper :laugh:

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

I finally got around to getting my dyno run scanned. Blue line is the base run, green was with the baffle in and red was without.

170hp and 102 torque. Quite a good run for what I was looking to do.

I didn't do any airbox mods. I may have been able to gain some additional peek hp but for everyday use, I won't ever run that high, so I was looking to have a better mid-range and bottom end, which the BKing definitely has. :thumbsup:

HPCurve.jpg

TorqueCurve.jpg

I finally got some pictures of my bike OUTSIDE my garage. They were at work on my cell phone so I apologize for the low quality.

More mods to come over the next few months.

IMG00015.jpg

IMG00016.jpg

IMG00017.jpg

Absolutely one-of-a-kind. Maximum gorgeousity (a word I just made up).

Nice work, yo. You must be very, very happy with the result.

I know I am.

:beerchug:

I am new to this forum but have been into motorcycles over 13 years. I have had my B King for a month now and I love it. My first naked bike was a Triumph Speed Triple and I am hooked. Seem's to most of the people who bash the B King have never rode the bike and are very quick make assumptions. I must admit that when it first came out I was turned off by the width of the tank, but after reading many reviews I decided to take a chance and I bought one. I do not regret it. It really does handle well. I think it handles better than my friend's 08 busa because the chassis is more upright and seems to be set up more for going around corner than down the quarter mile like the busa. Also, the B King has nicer quality parts. Has anyone noticed how much more expensive the instrument panel looks. Also, look at the front brake master cylinder, its radial and maybe the use it on the lower spec busa one day. Anyway, have fun bashing a bike you've never ridden, I'll keep smiling after every ride.

Like your MONSTER !!
I am thinking that would be my choise of exhaust also (low mount I mean).
When I get my B-King 'til next year !

how did you do the tail light convertion I like the larger light the kits I have seen have these small little lights.
I think it comes with the exhaust.

Lee Love what you are doing with your B King. I Bought my B-King off the showroom floor with Two Brothers slip ons and under tail. Not being much of a Wrench myself How difficult was the X TRE install and did you notice performance changes as the result? I particularly curious about second gear

What model does the Penske rear shock come from?...............They dont say anything about the B-KING, so what other model fits?

Been looking for a complete rear shock replacement and I think I might go with the Penske

Sorry everyone, been away from the board for a long while and wasn't getting email notifications apparently.

The tail light is a stock GSXR1000 light, I'm going to guess 04? but it might be newer. I got it out of a pile of lights from crash jobs and eyeballed it "hmmm....this could do" and it actually pretty much bolts right up. You have to cut a small bracket in the tail sub-frame for clearance and shave just a little plastic for visibility.

And the Penske was just a phone call to them. Told them the bike and my weight/type of riding, they made one to fit. I DID notice that it was quite stiff at the recommended settings they sent. I think they're basing the weight on stock, and I dropped that 45LB exhaust off my bike. So that may be worth a mention to get it dialed in properly.

For the XTRE I didn't ride my bike much before the mods so I don't really have any real world experience to compare it against. As for install, its just plug and go. I did have the power commander put in then as well.

The tail light is an 07-08. They 05-06 where the same except how they back of the case is. The earlier one had the mounts molded into the case and came out the sides, the later one did away with those tabs and had a metal bracket that attached to the back.

Looks good! I tried to cut one of those tail lights down to fit into the tail cap but iit was just too big. I could not bring myself to cut the subframe like you did so I went another way.

For anyone thinking about this, the upshot is that these GSXR1K lights use the the same connector so its plug and play.

You might be able to adopt a rear subframe for a gsxr1000 onto the kings rearend..... I have seen a showbike with one installed.

Just a thought....

they are very different, too different unfortunately. Custom Chrome was the one who did the showbike and they built their own. Its close to 2K for their 'kit'. The other one I had seen was where they took the original and cut it up and welded it back together with the right spacing.

No easy way around it.

Back