My AR build and paint (and yours)

Gpmo

Registered
I know I know another gun thread...

I just got my AR back from the smith getting a Cerakote. I'm super happy with it.. I shoot mainly with a bunch of current and ex military guys who are into the black guns or camo, they shoot tactical drills all the time and wear all their tactical and deployment gear. I'm more of a shooter and not so much into the tactical stuff. Sooo I got my gun Cerakoted Blue to annoy them at the range :p I'm also looking for a hard hat with a spinning blue light on top to go with the gun :p.

Its a DTI with a 16" H-Bar 1/9 chrome lined. JP spring kit and i polished the trigger up.. around 4.0 pound pull. B.A.D. Lever, and Magpull B.U.I.S. . Have a new compensator coming and a extended charge handle latch. Looking at putting an Aimpoint red dot on in a bit, but being accurate with Irons is more important to me. Some other random mods to come but basic kit is good with me.

P.s. Compensator is on loose and the Roll pin for the forward assist is gone so its not in all the way.. Hope you all enjoy. Sky Blue with a Silver Barrel..

Anyone else got one that different from the norm?

ARBuild1.jpg

AR Build2.jpg

That coating is funky...it goes on so thin...they claim you don't have to mask threads / anything + it is still super durable at a low film build. The bake is low temp for a long time...which kind of makes sense to control the curing and shrink of the coating. After you blast a bunch of rounds through it please say how it takes the powder burns / powder cleaners...I know it is great for chip / uv...real world use is better than a lab test.

That coating is funky...it goes on so thin...they claim you don't have to mask threads / anything + it is still super durable at a low film build. The bake is low temp for a long time...which kind of makes sense to control the curing and shrink of the coating. After you blast a bunch of rounds through it please say how it takes the powder burns / powder cleaners...I know it is great for chip / uv...real world use is better than a lab test.

For sure man, I don't plan on letting it sit in the safe and stay pretty.

I didn't have any issues with threads at all, though a few of the pin holes were a bit tighter including the safety.

I bet that blue does irritate your buddies, LOL. I like mine in black with DE accents, havent tried to paint it yet.

Very nice!

I've got two AR builds under way right now, but both in black.

Going to get the dust cover engraved soon to say "PEW PEW"

Found my tactical drill helmet today also. :)

Hard_Hat2.gif

I'm all prepped to powder coat my cast bullets, as soon as it warms up... I can't get up the nerve to start spraying my guns... for fear I would botch the job.

The guys @ cast boolits are having allot of fun with easter egg boolits, metalflakes, etc.. I'm going all in.

image.jpg

image_clear coat.jpg

IMG_20130802_155245.jpg

I'm all prepped to powder coat my cast bullets, as soon as it warms up... I can't get up the nerve to start spraying my guns... for fear I would botch the job.

The guys @ cast boolits are having allot of fun with easter egg boolits, metalflakes, etc.. I'm going all in.

im working on my bacon dipped ones.

Back