My adrenaline rush

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
What's yours, aside from the Busa?

Mine is CONCERTS!
...it's not a cheap hobby, but it is my passion :super: In fact, I think I'd be better off financially getting in to bikes/cars more :laugh:

I've lost count of the number of shows I've seen, even who I've seen sometimes, but the list grows each year. The upstairs in my home has become a shrine to all of the music I love, from Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes to Marilyn Manson. Collections of vinyl from my Dad and posters from shows, countless ticket stubs, set lists, guitar picks and memories...when I go, whomever inherits this will either appreciate all of the work that's gone in to it, or hate me :crazy:

The money spent on tickets, t-shirts, music, posters, trips, lyrical tattoos......I don't want to think about it. I don't regret a single moment. Music is where my disposable income goes. @MC MUSTANG even included a bit about my obsession in the wedding vows when he married @omslaw and I - it's a given that I'll most likely pass up nearly anything going on in my world for a concert :poke:

I haven't been to one in a while. A while - it's been nearly 2 months since seeing Elton John. That's too long; feeling nostalgic and I've been going through photos, of which there are thousands...

ConcertBadfishsetlist.JPG

Sublime cover band, Badfish - one of my favorite shows to see! The guy in the background has given me their set list both times I've parked in front of him. I may or may not have a bit of a crush on him.......

ConcertDenverwithPeyton_me.jpg

Drove to Denver for 2 Foo Fighters shows; found out later Peyton Manning was at one of 'em and the Broncos are my team!

ConcertDGDVDays.jpg

Flew to CA for this one - Chevy Metal (80's cover band with the drummer from the Foo Fighters, Taylor Hawkins). We had intel that Dave Grohl would be there, which is why we went. I'm on the right of the photo, hands on my head. To fly from VA to LAX and get front and center for that show was not easy.

ConcertChevyMetal.jpg

My view while Taylor Hawkins warms up for his side project, Chevy Metal...

ConcertFFNashville.jpg

Drove to Nashville with 5 girlfriends for a Foo Fighters show. We'd all met in line for another show two years prior. We'd been in line since 5 a.m. to get on the rail, then drove to Memphis the next day, did it all again. I am the one holding a white phone...

ConcertFFRVAsmall.jpeg

Richmond Foo Fighters show about a year ago with my son towering over me to my left; he's an avid music fan as well, and after this show he walked away with Dave Grohl's guitar pick and we scored the bassist's picks as well (Pat Smear). My Goddaughter is on the other side of me; it was her first real concert. Line up for this spot began at 6 a.m.

ConcertHolyHolyWoodyW.JPG

Original drummer with Bowie's "Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars" - Woody Woodmansey. I also met and have photos with Bowie's long-time producer, Tony Visconti. Saw them perform just after Bowie passed and they signed the set list from that night for me.

ConcertLeonBridges.JPG

Leon Bridges after his show in Norfolk, VA - he's out of time, complete throwback to the likes of Sam Cooke...just amazing. Got my vinyl record signed.

poster.jpg

This started out as "the music room" but the collection has spilled out in to much of the upstairs at this point. I have so many posters from shows and not enough walls.

I shoot Bullseye competition. The gun thats my avatar is a custom made by Volquartsen on a Ruger Mark III frame. The gun is far more accurate than I am but practice makes perfect and I'm still improving. Locked into a bench rest with good ammo it will make one ragged hole out of five shots.

Nice! My kids target shoot often. I bet they'd learn a thing or two from you...

What's the largest amt you've won? I'm not brave enough to play those games of chance...but, the win has to be a total rush!
ever? over 15k.... but keep in mind... im not a rich guy.... IF I lost.... it would have really sucked.... And it was in 2006.... Jeff Lacy vs Joe Calzaghe.... EVERYBODY HAD Jeff lacy as the next golden boy of boxing.... EXCEPT me and a few others.... i watched tape for 20-30 hours on jeff…. and I could BARELY see it.... BUT.... this joker cant get past a jab.... OR LEAD straight right hands..... PLUS he had to set his feet to throw the hook..... I rode with the underdog...…. checkmatehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34C0bVZ_kGM

Last edited:
I get my adrenaline rush from work. The other day I ran a simple chest pain call. Rapidly turned into a cardiac arrest call. Got the patient back with electricity and CPR. Didnt push a single drug the whole time. Delivered the patient alive. Patient discharged from the hospital three days later after they went in and unblocked a vessel in her heart that most people die from.

That's my idea of an adrenaline rush.

I get my adrenaline rush from work. The other day I ran a simple chest pain call. Rapidly turned into a cardiac arrest call. Got the patient back with electricity and CPR. Didnt push a single drug the whole time. Delivered the patient alive. Patient discharged from the hospital three days later after they went in and unblocked a vessel in her heart that most people die from.

Lucky to be doing something for a living that also gives you that rush and sense of satisfaction, though I know it's not always a good day.

Told you! :bowdown:

To put it into another perspective, that patient had a blockage of their left anterior descending coronary artery - often referred to as the "widowmaker" heart attack. Without prompt treatment, the survival rate is quite often 0%, hence the nickname. Patients with this condition along with cardiogenic shock have an 80% average mortality rate. She was given a 30% chance to survive. When we got the patient to the hospital, they found the patient to have a troponin level of 0.2 which is a little elevated; meaning cardiac tissue death hasn't even started kicking in fully yet.

Back