my accident

fear

Registered
on friday afternoon, my friend pat and i decided to take a quick ride to the suzuki dealership, we needed to order some parts for his quad, and it was great out so we took our bikes. we were about 15 minutes into the ride there, about 5 minutes away from the dealership, making a left from one main street to another, adn this a-hole pulls up in the far right lane and gives us the finger and tells us to go f off. pat and i look at eachother and decide were gonna follow this prick and see exactly what his problem is.. We cought him in about a half mile, he saw us coming and quickly swerver to the far left turning lane to get away from us, pat stopped at his passenger window, and i stopped directly behind him, on the right a little, (he's driving a saturn, about 45 years old). pat yells into his closed window"yo man, whats your problem?" then the prick puts his car in reverse and floors it, slamming into the front end of my month old busa. puts it in drive, the back in reverse and hits me again, he's trying to get away, well he got around the car in frotn of him and took off, i pulled up to pat and told him that he had hit me and not to let him go, we chased him thru trafic and i put my bik ein front of his car at a red light and proceeded to punch his window as hard as i can with my armored gloves on, i am gonna pull this guy out of the and beat him till he stops breathing, but the damn window wouldnt break, and the whole time this prick is on the phone laughing at me and waiving, so i decide if i cant kill im, i'm sure as hell gonna get him a ticket and i leave pat to keep an eye on him while i got a few blocks ahead into downtown new haven to find a cop, a couple blocks up i find one and i tell him there is a green saturn coming thru the light in a couple seconds and the guy hit me twice on purpose and ran. so the cop pulls the guy over and he is still laughing and waiving at me, till i took off my jacket and helmet, i'm 6'5 290 and built. i ran at him and the cop was nice enought to get between us to keep me out of jail for the weekend, to make a already too long a story short, he didnt get a ticket, but he was fould at fault on the report so his insurance does have to pay for it, but the cop said that we both would have gotten breah of peace if i wanted to take it to the next level, and that it really wasnt hit and run, if thats not hit and run, i dont know what is. so now my new bike has a screwed up front fender, upper, and the forks are bent, and i didnt even take it apart to look for anything else

what a donkey...hehehe...I get the same kind of crap from HD riders up here all the time...but never that violent...sorry to hear about it man.

Glad to hear your OK.  

Those windows sure don't break like in the Arnold movies!  :D

Gotta be careful, a wacko in a cage can really hurt/kill you!

u couldnt break the side window? ive seen a guy get out of his car and walk up to the car in front of him and smash it with his bare fist.. he wasnt happy about somethin.. and with armored gloves on i would think it would easier and helluva lot safer to punch thru glass....

Jeez dude thats crazy! Now go get a high dollar estimate or 2 and screw him over good...

Problem is that the armored gloves are also well padded and designed to spread out impacts, so with the gloves on you may have a hell of time.  My little tip?  Let it go man, he didn't hurt anything initially, just smile and wave and give it a chuckle.  Some folks are just like that.  Now I am not saying that I havn't been in your postion, I have a little collection of rearviews at the house.  

But next time, if you really need to get into the drivers side window, your going to need some metal.  The butt of a small pocket knife works wonders, of course a small automatic center punch makes it effortless and there is allways the "Anti" subtle ASP baton.  But the key really is metal on glass contact...besides could actually be handy in case of emergency.  Metal is key.  I still recommend letting the middle finger go, I am getting better at just letting them be miserable all on their own.  If you had, your bike would still be intact, and this would have been just another story about some dipsh*t in a cage.    Besides this geek was allready driving around in a freakin Saturn...The world has been cruel enough...  :D

If you seriously need to educate someone, it's allways best to follow at a distance and wait for them to get out of their car.  Then you can explain it to the person toe to toe, which usually leads to quick apologies, or if you just not in the mood you can explain it to their vehicle... But I wouldn't know anything about that and I still recommend just letting it go...  as your case proves, the potential for you getting jacked up by a cage are far higher than you actually feeling that your pride has been restored or that you have obtained any sort of positive outcome.  Especially if it was just a middle finger.  Save the ass whoopings for those that try to kill you out there on the road. Just remember to avoid the face...to obvious, and it makes for a damning court case when the guy can display all of these photos of his bruised and battered mug.  Body shot are the key, and hell, he just fell down a flight of stairs...  :tounge:  

But Seriously let the little sh*t slide, a middle finger?  Created a good amount of drama.  None of it was neccessary, I know I know, easier said than done.  But I am getting better at it and I have learned that you gotta let the little stuff go because the world will eat you up if you don't.  Seriously...  Worry about the guy who clips you from an on ramp, or the Soccor Mom SUV turning left in front, those are where you need to focus your attention, because these can actually kill you.  Middle fingers cannot...  :super:

Now see Im a little different. While being beside him I would of stabbed at least two tires on the way up to the window so at least he would get to see the mammouth size up close and personal. But thats just me. I remember when I made that same stupid decesion and got a finger. I rode up beside the driver's window with kevlar knuckled gloves, smiled :D , waived it off, then broke the window.. I then took the exit. Im sure he was pissed. I felt like I got even, but easily could of gotten bumped to death!

ICE

Wow, that sucks. But rev has it right on the money. Best bet is let it go. Anyone who is that pathetic/stupid is already miserable just being themselves. No need for you to get mixed up in his bad karma.

Let him go and swallow your pride. Months and years from now you will forget about it and you will still be happy (and alive) but that jerk's punishment is being himself. Get your revenge in knowing that. And remember that what goes around comes around. He will get his.

I know letting go is hard but it gets easier if you try is a few times. What works for me is to do something nice for another "stupid" motorist to kind of offset the one that pissed you off. May sound dumb but it works for me. Kind of a yin to the idot's yang to get back in ballance, and all is well grasshopper.

The ASP Baton was a gift from my bro, But check out Galls Galls Supply  Do a keyword search for ASP.  Just be real careful about how or if you ever have to use it.  It is considered a deadly weapon so  in my book anyway a last resort before a handgun.  Also, never aim for the head, legs/arms only, this is how law enforcement is general trained but then again they also have the law on their side.  But it is a dead simple solution for getting through a car window in an emergancy.
  I have the 21" electroless version, good stuff but they are a little heavy.  So how you  carry one is up to you.  I have been thinking about having a pouch sewn into the right or left forearm of my leather for it...  or maybe left or right thigh when I get some riding pants.

Oh and I like the comment about Yin-Yang , that was sorta what I was getting at, the best revenge for a lot of these folks is living well.  They are miserable now and will be miserable latter, don't let em pull you down...

If he had his window down a little would have been nice to blast his azz with pepper spray and leave him blinded for a while ... :mad:

I have the collapsable sliding baton with a spring on the end. You can get them for about $20 at any gun show.

Had it taken from me at the airport pre-9/11, but they mailed it back to me.

The ASP Baton was a gift from my bro, But theck out Galls Galls Supply  Do a keyword search for ASP.  Just be real careful about how or if you ever have to use it.  It is considered a deadly weapon so  in my book anyway a last resort before a handgun.  Also, never aim for the head, legs/arms only, this is how law enforcement is general trained but then again they also have the law on their side.  But it is a dead simple solution for getting through a car window in an emergancy.
  I have the 21" electroless version, good stuff but they are a little heavy.  So how you  carry one is up to you.  I have been thinking about having a pouch sewn into the right or left forearm of my leather for it...  or maybe left or right thigh when I get some riding pants.

Oh and I like your comment about Yin-Yang, that was sorta what I was getting at, the best revenge for a lot of these folks is living well.  They are miserable now and will be miserable latter, don't let em pull you down...
Yeah.. I wasn't think about hitting people in the head.. was thinking about a quieter way to get a deranged rottweiler away from me than putting 2 rounds from my Glock 27 into it.. then again that was pretty effective. :super:
si.

It seems the aggressor gets away with it these days. The victim is held back with threats but the perp gets off. Its better to be the perp and let the cops defend you against the victim. If this observation is true, this guy needs to be beaten and left to bleed. Then the cops will defend you when you say it was self defense.

Man I dont know there is something to be said for making a citizens arrest because he tried to hit YOU at least thats what you tell the cops. thats attempted murder and a little more serious. So thenyou pick up a big rock drive in front of him and throw it through his windshield. kick his butt. Unfortuantly in a society where insurance pays for everything the only way to teach a-holes right from wrong is a good old fashion asswhoopin. Break a bone or 2 a leg an arm something that will ache every time it rains to remind this buttwod not to repeat his bad activities.

I can't believe he wasn't ticketed?! Didn't the cop see your bike?

Problem with you lashing out at him is that you'd be in jail while he lies is a$$ off about what you did to him...best that it didn't get out of hand, and at least his insurance will pay (hopefully...don't trust those guys either; any way out of paying and they'll take it)...

Years back, when I was in high school, I was on an interstate with my Dad in his Firebird...some guy started pulling up beside him, then when we'd speed up, he'd speed up...if we slowed, he'd slow...my father finally got off the interstate and as we sat at a stop light, this jackhole pulled up along side of me in his little compact car, looked at me, hit the gas and drove in to the front of my Dad's car, and sped through a red light...that's hit and run, but with no police around to witness it, the guy was getting away. My Dad chased him for miles through lights until the guy ended up at his house. My Dad got out with his fist drawn back, but the guy ended up apologizing...I'm not sure of what transpired because I sat in the car scared to death! Long story short(er)...the guy gave us in insurance info, and his insurance denied it because the guy was never ticketed...

I hope you situation turns out better than that!

Good luck with getting your bike fixed, and if you decide to take the vigilante route, well...none of us know a thing! :D

YOU GOTTA DO WHAT YOU GATTA DO! But you see the results. Whee I come from, you may have been shot approaching the window like that. And, it wouldn't take much to convince a jury that he felt threatened...hence self defense.

I don't chase people for saying something or blowing their horns, or flipping the bird. I always give a tempered response...inviting the guy to take it to the next level if he chooses. I politely point to the side of the road to see if the coward wants to pull over. If not, I keep going.

Ummm, technically the cop was right, it wasn't hit 'n run... if it happened the way you describe it, it was freakin' aggravated assault with a motor vehicle (in GA anyway) and leaving the scene of an accident.

Also, it is common to see no citations issued and/or no charges made on the scene in a situation like this. No witnesses, the cop didn't see what happened, yer word against the a-hole's, etc. The cop isn't authorized in most states to make a warrantless arrest under such conditions. Standard procedure is usually for the officer to document the incident and refer you to the proper court if you wish to prosecute. You go in, file an affidavit, apply for a warrant, a hearing is set, etc.

Oh, and a note on the ASP baton that was mentioned...  CHECK TO MAKE SURE IT AIN'T AGAINST THE LAWS OF YOUR STATE/CITY/JURISDICTION BEFORE YOU STRAP IT ON TO AVOID CONCEALED/DEADLY/WHATEVER WEAPONS CHARGES!

Just a bit of free advice. Worth only what it cost ya...  :cool:

Back