My 5th Busa...

danielp

Registered
Hi all,

Daniel from Israel here, again, after 5 years of absence...

I have a habit of replacing my bike ever year or so (sounds crazy I know, but it's better than spending that money on drugs and hookers LOL). I previously owned 4 gen2 Hayabusa bikes, all brand new: A 2008 orange/black, a 2010 dark blue, a 2012 burgundy red, and a 2014 blue/white. between these I had other sorts of bikes (1 BMW and 3 KTMs). I thought that was it. Life moved on, and I got hooked on Ducati bikes.

But somewhere, the love for the big engine Busa was still there.

2.5 years ago I was involved in a very serious bike accident, nearly lost my life and the ability to walk. Went through several surgeries and after 6 months in the hospital and more than 18 months of treatment, I decided I wanted to get back on a Busa.

In Israel they don't sell them new anymore due to Euro regulations. So my only way to get a new one was to import it from the USA.

2 months later, I am the proud owner of a new white/red Busa, and in the process of getting it modified to my liking:

1. Yoshimura R77 carbon full system
2. PCV,air filter and dyno tuning
3. Puig black double bubble
4. Pazzo brake and clutch levers
5. Ram mount

On my to do list:

1. I want to replace stock lights and I am looking for a decent easy LED replacement.
2. I would like to add some spice to the Busa's front braking power (after getting used to KTMs and Ducatis, the Busa breaks feel very under-powered).

Any recommendations?

Busa love never dies!

20190706_193335.jpg

Last edited:
Hi all,

Daniel from Israel here, again, after 5 years of absence...

I have a habit of replacing my bike ever year or so (sounds crazy I know, but it's better than spending that money on drugs and hookers LOL). I previously owned 4 gen2 Hayabusa bikes, all brand new: A 2008 orange/black, a 2010 dark blue, a 2012 burgundy red, and a 2014 blue/white. between these I had other sorts of bikes (1 BMW and 3 KTMs). I thought that was it. Life moved on, and I got hooked on Ducati bikes.

But somewhere, the love for the big engine Busa was still there.

2.5 years ago I was involved in a very serious bike accident, nearly lost my life and the ability to walk. Went through several surgeries and after 6 months in the hospital and more than 18 months of treatment, I decided I wanted to get back on a Busa.

In Israel they don't sell them new anymore due to Euro regulations. So my only way to get a new one was to import it from the USA.

2 months later, I am the proud owner of a new white/red Busa, and in the process of getting it modified to my liking:

1. Yoshimura R77 carbon full system
2. PCV,air filter and dyno tuning
3. Puig black double bubble
4. Pazzo brake and clutch levers
5. Ram mount

On my to do list:

1. I want to replace stock lights and I am looking for a decent easy LED replacement.
2. I would like to add some spice to the Busa's front braking power (after getting used to KTMs and Ducatis, the Busa breaks feel very under-powered).

Any recommendations?

Busa love never dies!

View attachment 1601454

Welcome...
Just a question - why buying and replacing a bike every two years if the only thing that changes is the colour?
Especially if you buy new?

And answering your questions - buy some decent HIDs from ebay and pop them right in (high and low beam)
and brakes - get some braided steel lines and short levers. (gripstrength is key here lol).

Welcome back and it is a great thing to see you are healed up and ready to ride. Good to see you returned back to the Suzuki Busa fold....

It's a good place to be.

Welcome back, glad to see u made your way back ti the busa :thumbsup:
As for your question on brakes Best brake mods and which first? | Gen II Busa Information

Thanks for that Dopey.

Just a question - why buying and replacing a bike every two years if the only thing that changes is the colour?
Especially if you buy new?

I guess you can call it crazy, but that's my way of feeling good. I've got a yearly budget I can spend on bikes, and since I cannot own multiple bikes (vehicles are very expensive in Israel, around 114% on them), I rather spend a much smaller amount each year and simply replace what I have with something else and new. That way I can enjoy more bikes between turnovers.
I usually keep each bike for up to 10-14 months, I never get out of warranty, I always ride'm fresh and new, and I don't have to fix what other people broke. When I sell them, there's usually always a buyer waiting for me, and although I do lose the 1st year's depreciation in price, overall I spend the same amount I would if I had to wait 2-3 years or more to replace them.
As I said, better than spending it on drugs and hookers... LOL

Back