My 500 Mile Review of the Pirelli Angels! NICE!

San Diego Busa

Registered
Hey Guys

I just hit 9500 miles on my 2011 this weekend! Also, had just installed my 4th (yes 4th) set of tires.

I ride mainly canyons, ride hard, 46 tooth rear, wheelie a fair amount, suspension dialed in, i push the bike pretty hard.

The stockers lasted me about 2k. Replaced the stockers with the Q2s, MUCH bettter then stock, but wore out FAST and started slipping within 2k.

Upon further research, i decided to try the Pirelli Angel ST's, to try to get some more miles out of them.

Due to the fact of these being a touring tire, i expected a little less grip.

Well, i just put 500 miles on the Angels this weekend, and gotta say, i am VERY impressed!! Once i got em scuffed up, they held like glue with zero slippage, even on the tightest of roads here in SD. I rode em hard, put them through all the standard tests, and they still look new!

A few notes that i am very pleased with:
-Carcas Stiffness: I noticed with the Q2s that when leaned over, either braking or shifting, the tire would flex a little causing a little rear end shimmy. No big deal, i expected it, and compensated. The angels have ZERO flex in the carcass that i can tell. For the roads i ride, and my riding style, this is great!
-The lack of flex in the tire gives much more confidence in the lean as well. The tires are already scuffed right to the edges, and i felt 100% confident the whole time!

Only negative i see is that they take a little while to warm up. For me, thats no big deal though.

Gotta say, so far very impressed with these! Hope they last as long as everyone says.

FYI, im running 120/70-17, and 190/55-17

I'm running them on my 08' and impressed with them as well. I also found that it takes a little longer to warm up.. but I still like them. As for mileage.. I ride kinda hard but mainly use it to commute so not lots of twists and turns.. the tire has about 25% tread left with just under 5K mi on them.. so not to impressed with their longevity. I don't do burn outs or anything like that.. they just didn't seem to hold up as advertised.

If they are anything like the Pirelli Stradas that they replaced, you need to keep a close eye on what you might think you have 500 - 600 miles left on them. I've seen a half a dozen Strada rear tires from various bikes show cords when we thought we had plenty of tread left. We now use the Michelin Pilot Road 2"s and have not looked back. If you live in a wet climate, then maybe you wouldn't mind spending the extra money on some road 3's. But where I'm from, the road 2"s work fantastic for me. I do have one buddy that I ride with that has a set of Angles on his Duc only because he couldn't get the Road 2's right away. I'll let you know what he thinks about them when hes done with them.

Hey Guys

I just hit 9500 miles on my 2011 this weekend! Also, had just installed my 4th (yes 4th) set of tires.

I ride mainly canyons, ride hard, 46 tooth rear, wheelie a fair amount, suspension dialed in, i push the bike pretty hard.

The stockers lasted me about 2k. Replaced the stockers with the Q2s, MUCH bettter then stock, but wore out FAST and started slipping within 2k.

Upon further research, i decided to try the Pirelli Angel ST's, to try to get some more miles out of them.

Due to the fact of these being a touring tire, i expected a little less grip.

Well, i just put 500 miles on the Angels this weekend, and gotta say, i am VERY impressed!! Once i got em scuffed up, they held like glue with zero slippage, even on the tightest of roads here in SD. I rode em hard, put them through all the standard tests, and they still look new!

A few notes that i am very pleased with:
-Carcas Stiffness: I noticed with the Q2s that when leaned over, either braking or shifting, the tire would flex a little causing a little rear end shimmy. No big deal, i expected it, and compensated. The angels have ZERO flex in the carcass that i can tell. For the roads i ride, and my riding style, this is great!
-The lack of flex in the tire gives much more confidence in the lean as well. The tires are already scuffed right to the edges, and i felt 100% confident the whole time!

Only negative i see is that they take a little while to warm up. For me, thats no big deal though.

Gotta say, so far very impressed with these! Hope they last as long as everyone says.

FYI, im running 120/70-17, and 190/55-17
how are likeing the 190/55-17 over the 190/50-17?? i was thinking of tring it

how are likeing the 190/55-17 over the 190/50-17?? i was thinking of tring it

Very Much Improved!

I switched sizes back when i was running the Q2s, and it is immediately noticeable. More rounded profile is noticeable for smoother lean in, and more stability from the bigger contact patch.

Im running a Schnitz 1" raising link in the rear and absolutely love this setup!!

Back