My 2006 w/full akrapovic bmc race velocity stacks

GPW

Donating Member
Registered
I know the chart says Aprillia but it is my 06 Busa. The tuner did not know how to change the Dynojet run file name. Looks like he did not know how to change the fuel/air properly either. The bike needs more fuel. The Blue/Green were before and after mapping numbers. I am heading back for another custom mapping next week. I have since added a set of Brisk plugs and the Factory Pro Velocity Stacks are going in shortly in place of the Schintz Racing short stacks which are for track use. I also have a 16T front sprocket. 5th. gear roll-on. What are your thoughts...also Akrapovic systems are not big on max power as they are in build quality...low noise..with the 56 or so pounds if weight savings...light weight wheels, 520 chain conversion..lighter weight rotors the bike feels really strong and nimble in the twisties..

AirFuelMixDynoSheet1.jpg

<!--EDIT|GPW
Reason for Edit: None given...|1151639644 -->

I'm assuming your bike does not have the air box mod or am I mistaken?

Found HP to be a little low. But then again not all dyno make same #'s

Like 168, 169 but like I said before not all dyno make same #'s plus the humidity I live in Puerto Rico.

Like 168, 169 but like I said before not all dyno make same #'s plus the humidity I live in Puerto Rico.
Ok, I may go with the Brock Gen III. not sure if I want to do that yet. I like the look and sound of the Akrapovic. I will know more after then next Dyno tuning session. Heading to another facility.

Don't get me wrong the bike runs like a bear on the street. Sometimes numbers are just that, numbers.???

I don't think your going to get much more with the BDE. As I remember alot of members have posted there dyno sheets and there close to those #'s you got.

I don't think your going to get much more with the BDE. As I remember alot of members have posted there dyno sheets and there close to those #'s you got.
good info thanks!! looking at the other numbers with similiar mods we are right there....

<!--EDIT|GPW
Reason for Edit: None given...|1151645783 -->

It's nothing wrong with your bike it's the tuner,do runs in 4th gear and tell him to throw some fuel in there,it's not making power cause it's too lean...get a/f down in 12.5-13.1 area and watch the #'s climb.

It's nothing wrong with your bike it's the tuner,do runs in 4th gear and tell him to throw some fuel in there,it's not making power cause it's too lean...get a/f down in 12.5-13.1 area and watch the #'s climb.
Listen to him ^ he knows what he's talking about!
I agree, I saw the same things on the dyno sheet and I am here for solid advice. I also spoke with Dusty at Dynojet. He was very surprised the bike ran as good as it did with the A/F mix on the lean side. Looking for a good tuner in the Frederick, MD area. Will drive farther if need be. Between the velocity stacks and the BMC Race filter, Air box mod, there needs to be more fuel to balance it out. LMK

<!--EDIT|GPW
Reason for Edit: None given...|1151669288 -->

Considering the mods, I thought your numbers would be a little higher as well..  I've attached a dyno of my Bone Stock 2005 Busa. Consider the fact that I live in Las Vegas Nevada and the Temperature was between 93 and 95 degrees when we ran the Dyno... Since I live about 2000ft above sea level, my numbers are understated.

<center>
raysdyno.jpg

</center>

<!--EDIT|rtvegas
Reason for Edit: None given...|1151698690 -->

We will get the fuel/air curve adjusted and go from there. One thing I do know is, the power as it stands right now is incredible.......my bike is also 56 or so lbs lighter than a stock Busa and most of the weight savings was taken from the rotational mass (inertia) or un-sprung weight. This bike is very fast on the street and in the curves...that is what drives me, not the dyno sheet..the dyno sheet just shows it could be tuned better and it will be...different dyno's different bikes.....just my 2c....no way would I trade this bike for a stocker with a higher dyno number..there is so much more to the Hayabusa than a dyno sheet and this I am learning everyday.
biggrin.gif

Greg ... not sure who you're using but the best tuner in the D.C. Metro area is Nick at Champion Motorsports in Herndon, VA ... if you're interested in getting the most out of your engine, he is the man. Drop it off and the morning or the night before and he'll have you ready to go by the end of the day. He takes his time (6 - 8) hours and does a great job.
I took my '03 to him with just a PC and HMF's, no other mods and I left there with HP 169 and TQ 101. Here's my chart. The blue is from a previous job by another area tuner.

champion.jpg

Back