My 2005 w/ 1800mi For $7800 & Corbin Bags

BOHICA

Registered
I just picked up a 2005 Hayabusa for $7800 w/ 1800mi on it always garaged never dropped or road in the rain. He was turning people away because he did not want to sell it to some newbie rider who did not understand what they were buying. I have been riding for 21yrs and this is my favorite bike, also my first sport bike. I had the experience and new I would take care of his baby. The reason he was selling it was that he had a contractor job and was leaving for Afghanistan. I have had it for three weeks and have put 500mi on.

I learned on a ‘85 Nighthawk 750 rode a few other bikes (BMW, Honda’s, ect…). Through college I rode a 1990 Honda Pacific Coast 800 putting 50K mi on that. But now I have a Hayabusa and the wife get’s the PC800. Road the PC800 this weekend, to get some service work done that I did not feel like doing. After riding my Hayabusa for the past few weeks I felt like I need to get out of my own way on the PC800. The PC800 just does not feel alive like my Hayabusa.

If I can figure out how to post a pic I will. Still getting errors on that.

Now that I have a good question for the forum:

I am going on sabbatical for three months next summer from work and I am looking at luggage for my Hayabusa. Does anyone have a set of Corbin Beetle Bags? If so do you like them.

Corbin Beetle Bags

Is there any luggage that people can suggest if the Corbin's suck?

post-52-02136-welcome.gif
biggrin.gif
Congrats and Welcome to the board!! Post some pics!

Congrats on the new Busa. Corbins are nice and dry.  Kinda small, hard to detach, but way cool.

Dad's 2004:

Pops_1.jpg

Corbins are great  
super.gif
. Lockable, keeps everything dry and looks good. Of course you can't take you entire wardrobe with you. But, what do you really need to take anyway
rock.gif
, not really much if your really touring and not entertaining guest at each stop
beerchug.gif

post-52-02136-welcome.gif
newbie.gif
Look at the top of the new owners forum for easy step by step directions, or make sure your pic is resized to 640X480, hiy the browse button below the text box you use for posting, select the resized pic, and post.
super.gif

Welcome and here is what I use, only in black. Also use a Cortech TriBag or a Super Mini for the tank.

Cortech.jpg

Sounds like the Corbin's will do the job. I like the way the look and that they are lockable. I am not entertaining, I am just riding for 3-months. So shampoo to smell good occasionally a change or two of cloths and a tent strapped across the back. So some shampoo to smell good occasionally a change or two of my wardrobe (aka clean undies) and a tent strapped across the back. Look out Wyoming here I come.

IMG_0015sm.JPG

Back