My 2002 Clutch Situation

Kennessy

Registered
I'm a new rider/owner of a 2002 busa. It has 18,500 miles on it. The clutch is not engaging fully when lever is activated. Will not start because of this sometimes. Is it time for a new one, does it need fluid or simply adjusting. How is it done?

What it sounds like is your lever is not getting fully pulled. There is a micro switch in the clutch perch that the lever engages when pulled, that allows the bike to start. As far as the clutch plates not disengaging, that could be a few things. Clutch needs to be bleed, bent push rod, busted slave mount, low fluid level in reservoir, master needs rebuilt. The list goes on. We really need more info. What have you done to the bike? What have you already ruled out?is there a constant thing that will cause it not to work?

Flush clutch fluid really really good. Supposed to be done bi annual but I do mine 1x per year. Gunk gets stuck both in the master and the slave. Its a cheap fix and if you haven't done it, it needs it anyway. if that doesn't fix it, we can move on to other possibilities.

Thank you guys for all the help. I'm going to inspect all associated elements tonight. I'll keep you informed. (Great group)

Back