My 1st busa

Bug

Registered
Another dumb Busa Newb here - Sold my TLR and picked up the '06 - Only logged about 120 miles so far but will get the miles up soon.

To me, the brakes (which are still being scrubbed) seem, well, not what they should be for a bike like that. Also, the Suspension (still stock from the dealer) seems a bit floaty. Any tips on either?

I have also heard of a "side stand issue" on these bikes. Is it still apparent on the '06?

Thanks for your help with the new kid

Go to Mod section or do a search for kickstand mod. Recommends using a dremmel tool.

Congrats on the purchase...I've not had issues with the brakes nor suspension, so can't help you there...

The kickstand mod is a great idea, though I haven't done that either...okay, so just "welcome" and enjoy the wealth of info here from those smarter than I
laugh.gif

Post up a pic of your Busa, by the way...we like pictures!
cool.gif

Another dumb Busa Newb here - Sold my TLR and picked up the '06 - Only logged about 120 miles so far but will get the miles up soon.

To me, the brakes (which are still being scrubbed) seem, well, not what they should be for a bike like that.

They are not "two-finger brakes" unless you install stainless steel brake lines and replace the pads with EBC HH pads.  There are lots of threads on this forum relating to that issue.

Also, the Suspension (still stock from the dealer) seems a bit floaty.  Any tips on either?

One on the board members (Jinkster) posted some .  Try them out.

I have also heard of a "side stand issue" on these bikes.  Is it still apparent on the '06?

The idea is to grind down some of the material at the top of the kickstand so as to allow the kickstand to tilt farther forward.  This puts more pressure on the kickstand and helps prevent the bike from easily falling over. $$$$  There are pic's to be found if you do a search.

Congratulations on the new bike and welcome to the board!  We want some !  
smile.gif

To me, the brakes (which are still being scrubbed) seem, well, not what they should be for a bike like that.

They are not "two-finger brakes" unless you install stainless steel brake lines and replace the pads with EBC HH pads.  There are lots of threads on this forum relating to that issue.

Also, the Suspension (still stock from the dealer) seems a bit floaty.  Any tips on either?

One on the board members (Jinkster) posted some .  Try them out.

I have also heard of a "side stand issue" on these bikes.  Is it still apparent on the '06?

The idea is to grind down some of the material at the top of the kickstand so as to allow the kickstand to tilt farther forward.  This puts more pressure on the kickstand and helps prevent the bike from easily falling over. $$$$  There are pic's to be found if you do a search.

Congratulations on the new bike and welcome to the board!  We want some !  
smile.gif
Thanks for the responses - I will look to the stand issue first

From a "pics" perspective, my dumb ass does not even own a digi camera - I will try and score a friends for a day or so - It's just a plain old 2k6 Busa in Black and Gray with almost all the warning stickers removed

Gee, you sound like me, I don't own a digital camara either and my last Suz was a TLR also
tounge.gif
. So, here are my answers: First the kick stand mod is easy and DOES work. Tried the push test before and after, BIG Difference. Two, put steel braided or kelvar brake lines on, they make a big difference. But the Busa will NOT stop or react as quickly as the TLR you rode, remember there is a BIG difference on weight, weight distribution and balance between both bikes. The TLR was designed as a single seater to race road races, the Busa wasn't ! The Busa is more of an ultimate open road GT, where the TLR is a light - Lets carve some curves bike ! I still have a sweet spot in my Heart for my old TLR. One of the best bikes I ever had  
biggrin.gif

Welcome and congrats on your choice of the fastest color
biggrin.gif

They are not "two-finger brakes" unless you install stainless steel brake lines and replace the pads with EBC HH pads.  There are lots of threads on this forum relating to that issue.[/QUOTE]

Just done these mods, they make a big difference.
biggrin.gif

Welcome to the board.

Just done these mods, they make a big difference.
biggrin.gif

Welcome to the board.[/QUOTE]
This will be my first "Non Cosmetic" mod - Gotta Undertail and ZG Smoked DB on the way for starters

<!--EDIT|Bug
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144296240 -->

Back