My $1423.65 busa transporter

boazalmighty

Purple Rain - Dino
Donating Member
Registered
OK...
i have to give props to FATE for giving me this idea

been shopping around online for a cargo van close by to me so i could check it out first and pick it up my self and not spend an arm n' a leg on gas

found 1 in east moline (sorry gsxtacy for not calling ya but i was rushing on time) a fleet van, great shape, they bought it new, serviced regularly at the local dealership
went up there check'd it out, liked it, rented a tow dolly , put my neon in the back of it and drove home no prob.
i got just over a 1000 bux in it after taggin it and insurance and paying for it.

cool.gif

got it home,  gutted it out , cleaned the floor, removed all cabinets and carpet.
flushed the motor oil, put synthetic blend in,  flush the brakes, trans fluid, coolant and mounted new load range E tires on, and a complete tune up with the fuel system (carbon removed from intake)

DSC00001.jpg

DSC00002.jpg

DSC00003.jpg

DSC00004.jpg

DSC00005.jpg

runs next to new now

now to get the bike in and keep it steady there was only 1 way to go

i didnt want to cut any corners there so...
this just came in
DSC00006.jpg

DSC00002-1.jpg

DSC00007.jpg

DSC00009.jpg

DSC00010.jpg

why not get the yellow...

got me a simple ramp and im building the side ramps my self for me to walk on from scrap wood
got some straps to and the local hardware store

i think its good for now

i would like to get any suggestions from you guys on how to finish the interior.. i want to put some panaling and my some all weather carpet inside , maybe a checkered floor  ,  i got room for a tool box which ill mount inside eventually and maybe rear and front spare (cause i want to be just like HAL
bowdown.gif
)

but so far i think ive done pretty good

it be alot easier making to all the meets next season now

Looks good so far man! Looks like you're gonna have a pretty nice setup by the time it's all done.
thumb_up.gif

Looks good!
I would set it up so the bike is on one side of the van (not in the middle) so that you can sleep next to it in a sleeping bag (no better security)

rhino line the rear end of the van..durable and you can wash it off with ease and the yellow baxley will look killer in there...
lurk.gif

am I the only one that noticed that he drove his "Neon"
rofl.gif
to get a van to haul his busa? about the same as having a Viper and a moped...
smile.gif

Great idea !!!! for our honeymoon we almost got in a pinch tryin to borrow a trailor and I stood back and was lookin at our 15passenger van we use for work (already stripped seats out but has cpt and paneling in) to modify for haulin our bikes down !!

GREAT job keep it goin !!!

Looks good!
I would set it up so the bike is on one side of the van (not in the middle) so that you can sleep next to it in a sleeping bag (no better security)
i was thinking of that as well, itll probably be in the middle for now, untill i get back from smithers and ill start rearanging things

how much "head" room do you have with the bike inside? we used to haul mx bikes like this all the time to the races.. we had to sleep in the back as well so it was also our hotel room LOL

Back