SLEEPERBUSA

Registered
03 Anniversary
1397 JE
No base gasket
About 14.1:1 compression
Carpenter .425/.385 cams set at 110/112
Compitetion CnC head
HMF dual HiMount head and X pipe, into stock(gutted out) Busa mid pipes and Yosh R22 bling bolt ons that I shortened and coated black.
I was going for the "stock appearing" SLEEPER look.
I wanted to ride down the road looking like I had a set of bolt on mufflers, because we all know that you can't go fast with a stock exhaust. The header is USUALLY the first thing people replace when attempting to go fast.

I made 212HP on the motor. No doubt that with a real header it would have made between 215-220.
Sleeper1397.jpg

I also built a dry fogger and had about 60hp on the horn button.
Sleeperforsure.jpg

fogger2.jpg

I used the horn button because I didn't have an air shifter. I used a dynojet electric shifter that I painted black to hide it.

The bike was built on 1 idea. To sneak shyt by. I wanted a badazz bike that looked stock. It lured in more than 1 unsuspecting soul.....
OrangeBusa.jpg

I blacked everything out. Camo works. Hide it right in front of you.
Would you jump on this bike if you rode up behind it on the hiway?
Reflectors and mudflap all in place! Looks pretty stock to me.
DSC03930.jpg

It wasn't QUICK on bottom, because it was a "ride down the road" setup. It had a 17/38 gearing........but it was FASTASHELL when rolling down the hiway.
It only went a 9.32...........but it was at 163MPH!!!!

I also ran into about a 15mph headwind at 250 pounds at the Texas Mile.
SpeedCert-2.jpg

Oh yeah,
I also added GIXXER 1000 rims with ceramic bearings, just as an added bonus. Less weight and less rolling resistance.

:moon:

Last edited:
Thanks everyone.
I was very proud of that bike. It's sold and dissassembled now.

YES,
1 rotor!
I have been over 200mph on many occassion and never had an issue.
Don't believe the hype about 1 rotor not working.
It DOES give you less stopping power, no doubt, but it's not nearly as bad as people make it out to be.

I want a 1397. I'm wondering if I can make around the same hp at 12.8:1
Posted via Mobile Device

I think so, with a nice header (TiForce Sumo, or Brock Alien head)and a good tune.
I would use a Carpenter head and Carpenter .385/.385 cams.

Back