My 06 Busa has me worried sick

Z-MAN74

Registered
I have owned my bike since it was new in 06 and I can honestly tell u I will probably never get rid of her ever. I and pretty much the only one that works on it. I have never had to ask for help until a couple of days ago when my bike needed to be synchronized and with all my years of riding this is one of the things I actually have never done. I posted a thread and everything Mustang respond got a lot of good information from and was ready to do it I want to start my bike idle and everything else about it it's just so out of w a c k I just had no clue what to do never ever one of my bikes make me feel so lost and Clueless I want to do and where to begin especially it being my Hayabusa, idle is out of control and I can't even adjust it be at be the idle adjustment turn the adjuster up and down and nothing testing it through my complex it just pisses and Pops and makes noise I've never heard it make before at idle it backfires he was sounds like it's a weak arse two cylinder and with my roaring Toyz exhaust she sounds like a freaking Beast so this is definitely not normal for her I live in Mesa Arizona and I've been out in the110 degree Heat the past 3 days just to trying to get her back to her old self do u think it's maybe as simple as the TPS sensor that actually just came two mind and if it may be that and i fix that problem synchronizing throttle bodies next the hopefully take care of all the nightmare? So if there's anybody out there and I know there is can you please please help me, you will be greatly appreciated

As above, punctuation is good! Must be the AZ heat lol.
Look, it's doubtful that the throttle bodies are that far out of synch unless they've been messed with.
Start with the basic checks, spark and fuel and compression.
Check for spark at each coil, check fuel delivery and pressure, and do a compression/leakdown test.
Take it one step at a time to narrow down the fault, NO stabs in the dark or random adjustments UNTIL you know what the fault actually is that is causing the problem.
If it's beyond your scope of knowledge, just take it to a good reputable shop/mechanic.
Save a headache and a heartache.
Good luck. Let us know the outcome.

As above, punctuation is good! Must be the AZ heat lol.
Look, it's doubtful that the throttle bodies are that far out of synch unless they've been messed with.
Start with the basic checks, spark and fuel and compression.
Check for spark at each coil, check fuel delivery and pressure, and do a compression/leakdown test.
Take it one step at a time to narrow down the fault, NO stabs in the dark or random adjustments UNTIL you know what the fault actually is that is causing the problem.
If it's beyond your scope of knowledge, just take it to a good reputable shop/mechanic.
Save a headache and a heartache.
Good luck. Let us know the outcome.
I’m with kiwi! Don’t start changing or adjusting random things or buying expensive part without having diagnosed the problem and found the smoking gun. I would take C10s advise on taking it to his friend. The man is top notch, so If his friend is like him, you’ll be well taken care off and your baby will be back to normal.

Last edited:
check fuel pressure , its more then likely bad injector or bad fuel pump that seams to be the main problems with Hayabusa's and not ridding it enough and water in the fuel the ethanol fuel will accumulate moisture , it not a bad Idea to do a yearly compression check change air filter change sparkplugs , the dealer can through it on a computer and check out all the sensors that ant real bad on prices to do a diagnostic. 1 dirty injector will through off the synchronization or 1 bad ignition coil, or bad sparkplug

Last edited:
Also, I highly recommend replacing the plugs. Throttle body synch won't suddenly go bad and it shouldn't make it pop and fart, unless something else has seriously gone wrong.

I've had two Busas so far that suddenly started running poorly. They were misfiring and the owners complained it happened overnight. I replaced plugs (after one guy spent WAY too much money at a dealership) and both bikes ran beautiful. I would almost never say that (it's a stupid car dealer thing - "I know it is shifting funny. You got different plugs. We can change them for $600") except that I had it happen on my personal '08. And yes, the plugs looked beautiful, but the coil sticks are not very strong so even plugs that appear good may not be.

Back