My 05 limited makeover

NEMESIS127

Registered
I just wanted to take a few minutes to say thank you to everyone who helped me get this done this fourm has been a lifeline for a lot of people and don't think I would have got this done without it... I wanted a busa the first time I seen one in 99 but with life and fam it wasn't possible so I stated saving and on Xmas eve of 05 I finally bought her ;) and spent almost 10 yrs thinking about what I wanted to do well she's along way from done but I figured I'd post some pics of where I'm at... I'm open to ideas and if you spot something I missed let me know and I'm stuck on a few parts.. I know someone out there ran into this I bought new Sleeves from two brothers instead of new slip on's and swapped them from aluminum to carbon fiber but now I want to change the header but I really like the shorty cans does anyone know a header that I can use that these can will bolt up to?

Waiting on the following parts..
Carbon aero mirrors
Carbon fiber/smoke windscreen
New image seats (Lee has them done)
New oem plastic with carbon fiber busa logos
Carbon fiber hump
Skully helmet (dec 2015)
Hrydo dipped passenger peg mounts (need help finding those)
Engine covers Hrydo dipped carbon fiber and a ton of other stuff to much to list total cost of build so far 18k

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Looks really good.

I can't tell for sure but I didn't see that you did the kick stand mod.
It cost nothing but a little time and work. It will help keep the bike from tipping over.

A rider backrest is something I don't see everyday.
Do you have any pictures of that on your bike?

I also have a big box of stock parts that are in great shape and some aftermarket stuff I didn't end up using. wheels, brand new vortex sprocket 43T, brand new Schnitz Cush drive, brake lines,clutch line,brand new Coerce front fender they sent me a white one I needed a carbon fiber one.. Stock levers, stock gauge covers, rear sets with some wear on heal pads, coolant hoses still in great shape and break rotors, billet oil fill plug (black) and a center tank cover (black) says hayabusa on it bought off eBay.. and a set of fairings and (bottom cowl cover that is new) the fairings have some wear and light scratches but still good so if you need any of it let me know... The new parts I'd like to try to get my $ back out of but the used parts I'd be happy to help someone out that might need something

Looks really good.
I can't tell for sure but I didn't see that you did the kick stand mod.
It cost nothing but a little time and work. It will help keep the bike from tipping over.

A rider backrest is something I don't see everyday.
Do you have any pictures of that on your bike?

Thanks and I bought that carbon fiber adjustable kickstand that's why I didn't do the mod
And Lee just finished my seats yesterday so I don't have them yet but I'll post more pics as parts get here and put them on..

Love the carbon. Whenever you get to test out the back rest and when the rear gets tested out, report back. I've often wondered how well they feel.

Love the carbon. Whenever you get to test out the back rest and when the rear gets tested out, report back. I've often wondered how well they feel.

Thanks and I'm gonna try to at least drive it down the road today it's 75 here prob gonna be the last nice weather of the season... It won't be done but I really wanna see how hard it pulls with all the upgrades and from what I've read the ceramic bearings with the carbon fiber wheels makes a huge diff just gotta finish up the led kit and I think she's ready to roll

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgShe's lowered and second fan off a 2004 gsxr 600 is installed twin Muzzy fan blades are going on right now... Still waiting on my fan switch relocation fitting and new lower temp fan switch

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Haha, I dig the illuminated passenger backrest!! Good idea

Lol thanks had to sell this build to the wife and the back rest is how I did it... It was all so she would be comfy when we go for a ride when she's not on the back the hump gets put on and it is all good still waiting on a ton of parts... More pics to come and anyone have experience removing oem decals I've been working on mine for 2 days it's not going well

Lol thanks had to sell this build to the wife and the back rest is how I did it... It was all so she would be comfy when we go for a ride when she's not on the back the hump gets put on and it is all good still waiting on a ton of parts... More pics to come and anyone have experience removing oem decals I've been working on mine for 2 days it's not going well

Heat gun is your friend when it comes to removing the factory decals. I removed mine in about an hour.

I used a hair dryer and an old credit card and had pretty good luck,until I tried to go too fast and some of the adhesive on the side fairing graphics stayed on the fairings.Didn't think I was ever get that crap off and tried everything,took me hours to get a couple of palm sized patches off.:laugh:

image.jpeg

And she's done... A year later only problem is I melted my right lower faring from being to close to header has anyone seen this before? I'm not running hot but it sure does feel like it

Back