MV augusta F4 1+1

thanks for all the input fellas, I do have the disposable income to afford the bike. actually insurance for this and the 1098 would be less than the busa, about half of it. less high risk drivers I guess, and a lower amount to insure. reading up on that forum answered a lot of questions. I found out that I shouldn't pay more than 8K for it.even with the low miles. right now 08 F4 1078's can be had for 13.5 OTD. the incentives are killing the resale price of these high end bikes. I think I will offer him $8k for it. if not no biggie. I'll find another. there are plenty out there. and I already have the busa.
also oddl enough. a majority of the riders do their own maintenance on that board also. sweet!

I have done quite a bit of research on the MV Agusta. I wanted to get a 2007 or newer model. I have also talked to several owners and after the third owner I've made up my mind that its just a beautiful bike that someone else can own. Its not uncommon for parts to come in 6-7 months after you order them :( I've herd of several people missing the whole riding season because of a critical part that was needed to fix the bike. The only way I would own one is if I came into a large amount disposable cash. Then it would be a 2nd 3rd or 4th bike.

If you do decide to go with one make sure you can keep your current one or at least pick up a 2nd bike. That way is anything happens to the MV you'll still have another bike to ride.

Just like the others have said. The maintenance on them can be quite expensive. And trustworthy mechanics or dealers are not located every where for these bikes.

On the bright side they are supposed to handle just as good as they look.

Italian bikes are always sexy.
They are designed by men who are thinking about women while designing bikes !

That being said good luck finding a certified tech to be able to treat it right.
Here in So Fla just about every Mv dealer has dropped the brand and gone back to others.
The Kawi dealer in Pembroke Pines had new Mvs there that were 2-3 yrs old discounted way down.
Said they came with no service an no warranty hence the price.
Like 22k bikes for 10 or so same thing.
Doesnt seem anyone wants them.

They are a unique brand that appeals to many but only a few can afford them .
In Italy I see them more than Ducs. Just hasnt really taken ahold here.
Nothing wrong and since you have another bike waiting for parts or whatever wont kill you.
If it is what you deciede look for a new one first as there are some places desperate for you to walk in.

I have done quite a bit of research on the MV Agusta. I wanted to get a 2007 or newer model. I have also talked to several owners and after the third owner I've made up my mind that its just a beautiful bike that someone else can own. Its not uncommon for parts to come in 6-7 months after you order them :( I've herd of several people missing the whole riding season because of a critical part that was needed to fix the bike. The only way I would own one is if I came into a large amount disposable cash. Then it would be a 2nd 3rd or 4th bike.

If you do decide to go with one make sure you can keep your current one or at least pick up a 2nd bike. That way is anything happens to the MV you'll still have another bike to ride.

Just like the others have said. The maintenance on them can be quite expensive. And trustworthy mechanics or dealers are not located every where for these bikes.

On the bright side they are supposed to handle just as good as they look.
The price to pay for an Italian Sport Bike!

Back