Muzzy vs. Micron

i have micron full system and like it a lot. many choices to pick from but i dont think you can get a serpentine system for a busa i think it is a one piece hydroformed header instead of individual tubes. can you imagine trying to fit that on your bike? anyway you will get good sound from both.

My bike came with a Micron and it is heavy. Does the Muzzy or the BDE Gen 3 come with ti canisters or headers? If so they are definitely worth more than the Micron steel can pipe.

Remember guys, HMF big bird and BDE Gen3 are really made for drag racing and are not necessarily tuned for maximum "street" power. There is more to it than peak HP. And for Muzzy, I'm with Rev, they are practically a Kawi brandname that seems out of place on a Zuk. Just my opinions. Cheese knows his stuff so I trust him but isn't he a drag racer?

And Micron does not currently offer the Serpent header for a Busa but their cans are barr none for quality and durability and finish/material options. Choices choices.

Let's face it, we could argue all day. Get what you think looks good, sounds good, and is reasonably priced and ride happy!

Yes, Muzzy is associated with Kawi because of everything Rob Muzzy has down with Kawi.  But the fact remains, when pulling Dyno's and your only concern is max HP upstairs in the high end, The muzzy pulled better than the BDE 3's, Hindle and Akro's.  I know this will raise some hair feathers but I said "in the high end".

The Muzzy doesn't compete well in the mid-low range.  I have put many pipes on the "Tiger" and personally Dyno'd them.  For some strange reason, the Muzzy out performed the rest by almost 3HP when comparing high rpm hp/torque alone.  So if you haven't actually installed 4 different pipes in 1 weekend and made these dyno pulls yourself to compare these features, don't waste your typing fingers time.

For dragrace purposes, the Akro and BDE3 are the winners in mid and low hp torque over any other pipe we've seen on a busa.  But for high rpm HP, the Muzzy beat them all.  Since I race mainly at Maxton, I strive to have the best I can get for HP upstairs and especially when using N2O.  So all your comments about Muzzy not being a good pipe will not deter me.  The Titanium Muzzy is my choice.  

Brock Davidson personally dyno'd my bike with an earlier version BDE pipe and it out pulled any pipe on the market at the time.  But when I re-tuned the Muzzy, It had less HP than the  Brock until it hit around 9K rpm and then it's HP climbed at a much higher rate in the big end.

Since no other bike has out pulled me on the Dyno at our shop (DynoJet 350 w/sniffer) either on motor or N2O with any pipe, I think I can safely say the Muzzy works for me.

Unless you have performed before and after test on a dyno with multiple pipes on the same bike in the same weekend, how could you possibly know what pipe will do for what application?

But, every Dyno is different, every dyno operator is different, every dyno software setup is different, every Busa motor is different, so results vary from bike to bike and dyno to dyno.  If you do not race and are just a weekend rider or can't afford to buy a high performance pipe, then buy what you can afford and what looks good to you.  Because you will never be able to feel that 3 or 4 hp difference in your butt.

Guy

Guy,

Well said
wink.gif

Back