Muzzy vs. Micron

Hawk14

Registered
I'm not trying to spend a whole lot of money on a full system, so I've narrowed my choices down to Muzzy and Micron. Please give your opinions on the two in terms of fit, finish, weight savings, power gains, etc....

Thanks in advance

Hawk
40th Anniversary Busa

I have a full Micron system and love it. Why?

1) Good price
2) Awesome sound
3) Great quality - second to none as far as can construction.
4) Multiple finish options for the can (I got annodized black)

***note that Micron does sell an annodized can that matches the 40th Annabusa - I just wanted black***

5) Decent power gain - nothing stupendous - but noticeable (SOTP dyno)
6) Much lighter that stock dual can setup.

Mine fit pretty well but I had to adjust here and there to clear everything properly, nothing unusual. The stainless headers actually look pretty good too.

Why better than Muzzy. Muzzy is a good value too but not near as nice over-all IMHO and you cannot choose between very many can options like you can with Micron. Micron is a proven performance leader (not that Muzzy isn't), but the run of the mill Muzzy 4-2-1 is a "bargain" exhaust, I wanted more than a cheap price. And honestly what made my decision was the choice of can materials and colors that no one else offers but Micron.

newbusa1.jpg

I have the Microns and love them for the sound and the look. They fade from black to silver. Here she is.

<!--EDIT|flyboy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1070657634 -->

BusaMod.JPG

Gonna save a little $$$$ and go with the Muzzy , PC3R , Small air box mod , and do the pair sucker Mod , just for starters . I guess that will be a good winter time project along with sliders and cutting the rear fender down .

dam those microns look good !did you guys get thier remap with the pipes ?and how easy to do work yourelf if you did ?

exhaust is a simple install...just take your time and it will only take a couple hours.

cutting the fender...yeah thats an all winter project
rock.gif
should take like 10min
tounge.gif

I would get a Micron system all day. I know some of the members here have Muzzy stuff on their Suzuki's... I still do not like Muzzy, they have been Kawi boot licks for too long, I don't trust em'.
mad.gif
Hey you wanted opinions...

Micron has been doing a lot of homework and their canisters not only give a good quality deep sound but they are super easy to rebuild...No Rivets. Their Serpent system is supposed to be good stuff but I cannot really speak from first hand experiance.

If the idea of putting a different pipe on is to increase power then why not go with the one that over and over makes the most power? BDE/Hindle Gen3. There is a Christmas price of 820 on that pipe. Not trying to beat you up on your chioce. Looking for help on my choice.

I was in a similar position a few months ago and was considering what system to put on. JohnnyCheese is a "tuner" with a dyno in his shop and he told me that Micron and Yosh, while they look great, don't offer the power gains that BDE Gen3, Muzzy and HMF Big Bird Offer. So that narrowed the choice down to those 3 for me. I chose the Muzzys as i liked the looks of the Ti Oval can and Johnny sold me the system for $750 - good price. I also added a PC3R and the was a very noticeable improvement in performance!

Good Luck

Kent Sheldon

Hooken has a good point. I mean if you are going to spend the money for a full system you really should consider getting the stuff that really makes power.

Besides... Muzzy is still a Kawasaki bootlicker!
tounge.gif

If you were just after Bolt ons for some good noise and a 10 minute install, then there are a ton of options, but if you really want to make power the list of options gets pretty short... listen to the folks that know, JohnyCheese knows his stuff.

Rev...The Cheese puts Muzzy right there at the top...Muzzy makes a sweet system for the Busa...I'll put my bike up against any with the Hindle and hand them their lunch...
evil.gif

But they had better step to the plate before the 15th...Cause after that it's all over...
evil.gif

Rev...The Cheese puts Muzzy right there at the top...Muzzy makes a sweet system for the Busa...I'll put my bike up against any with the Hindle and hand them their lunch...  
evil.gif
If you replace the M with an F you get Fuzzy... That might be worthwhile... In the meantime, I really do not have any scientific evidence to prove any pipe is better than any other pipe really. I like the Micron's, but I have allways viewed Muzzy with suspicion. No real reason...

But then again I am just after slip-ons Bro, so which system makes 2 more horses one way or another doesn't really figure in.

Not trying to offend any Muzzy fans though...

Actually Muzzy will produce more hp than the standard Micron according to their individual dyno reports. But Micron has the serpentine header or some or another that produces massive hp gains. Then the Hindle/BDE Gen 3....well you didn't mention it so I assume you aren't interested or it didn't make the cutoff list...

Personally I like the Microns, but I'ld love to have a set of HMF Dual High Mounts with polished Ti cans

Hooken has a good point.  I mean if you are going to spend the money for a full system you really should consider getting the stuff that really makes power.  

Besides...  Muzzy is still a Kawasaki bootlicker!  
tounge.gif

If you were just after Bolt ons for some good noise and a 10 minute install, then there are a ton of options, but if you really want to make power the list of options gets pretty short... listen to the folks that know, JohnyCheese knows his stuff.
Fuzzy...That sounds good to me...Close to a navel would be even better...Anyway...Peace out...
evil.gif

Thanks for all of these responses, you guys opinions definitely help. I did not include the Gen 3 Hindle set-up because of cost. No other reason as I know it's a fine system.

I know some of you may cringe after reading this, but I'm not looking for the system that's going to give me the absolute most HP gain. Hell, the busa's fast enough now, I'm just trying to shed some weight, get a better look and sound, and get a better (smoother) riding bike overall.

More horsepower is great, but if I give up 2 or 3 horses to another system for one that I really like and can really afford, I can live with that. Besides, with nothing more than a 2 - 3 HP difference between 2 bikes, its the rider that's going to make the difference.
beerchug.gif

Back