mustang dyno

turbor1

Registered
i know most of you do pulls on dynojets, my busa motor is in a t-rex(Campagna- Fun, Style, Performance) and i went on a mustang dyno. I know in the car world mustang dynos read alot lower than dynojets. id like to know if any of you guys ever did pulls on a mustang dyno. I only did one pass on the dyno as i wasent there for that and we didnt have time nor did i have my laptop. I have a gen 1 1441 motor, now the tire in the back is a 285-30-17 and it was only inflated at 15psi (i know thats bad for power,but as i said i wasent there for dyno tuning) and theres a reverse mecanisim on a t-rex that robs about 10hp or so we think. my bike only made 170 to the rear tire...

going to pass a trex tomorrow with a zx14 1485 big bore with muzzy cams and headwork... will report tomorrow, hope it also pulls low numbers... or im really dissapointed.... may air fuel on my only pull was real close to 13.2 all the way...

Last edited:
well exactly as i tought, the dyno reads low. But the zx was not a 1485 but a 1418. the zx14 trex made 182 versus my 167.... I know just a good head and 395/378 webs instead of my dual intakes and id be there... just got to decide who to send my head to...

Yea, I think mustang dyno's show up to 15% less than dynojet. If you pulled 167 on a mustang dyno, and the trex was on a dynojet, you should have him covered.

on a side note, some say that the mustang reads truer than a dynojet. just passing it along, thats what I read somewhere on ls1tech dot com.

Back