Must have maintenance tools, Gen2 Stands

Gitonit!

Registered
I used to have a couple of basic maintenance tools for my 1st gen bike, like a rear stand and a handy little chain cleaner that came with some solution/ worked great.
I don`t have anything for maintenance anymore so please give me suggestions.
The rear stand I used to have was not bike specific, is such a stand made? The old stand with spring loaded catch for the s.arm always made me a little nervous when using it by myself.
Any suggestions on tools and such would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Time for me to go wipe the 100mph bugs off and ride some more!
Only 250 miles so far!

clutchhubholder.jpg

MVC-001F-9.jpg

Picture344.jpg

Picture320.jpg

Redline industrial stands. You can order spool pieces for the swingarm. No more nervousness. Get you a can of Pledge for the bugs :whistle:

36mm socket fits rear swingarm nut. T handle Allen wrench set.
A set of 8mm spools and a rear stand. Can of Dupont Teflon chain lube from Lowe's. Can of Lemon pledge and a pack of Pledge wipes. Set of decent torque wrenches for fairly accurate readings. I got a 1/4 and a 3/8 off ebay, each one was around $30. A small compressor to check/top off tires. I got this one from Home Depot. It works fine for simple air fills and other around the home stuff. http://homedepot.digby.com/homedepot/product/detail.do?itemId=100348465&categoryId=&path=

Thanks for the replies so far.
I have most of the basics; compressor, torque wrenches, allen wrench sets,sockets and such inc. the 36mm for the axle nut.
I will check out the link on stands, that picture that was posted definately looks like an improvement over what I used to have.
I still have a can of Maxima Chain Wax, and after trying a few others w/my last bike I think I`m gonna "STICK" with that.
What`s the deal everyone using a wood polish to clean with???
I have been using Honda Polish since my last bike....hope this has not been taking a little away from my `top end` with every spray:laugh:
Gixx1300R, that specialty tool you posted a picture of, you use that to turn the engine over to check the valves?
I bought the extended warranty and service plan, but I would like to do more of my own maintenance ESPECIALLY if the service dept here is as bad as where
I bought my other bike & quad.
Great help thanks everyone.

The clutch tool is designed to hold the inner clutch basket while you remove the nut that holds it in. If you every need to remove your clutch basket you will need it.

Back