Music today is horrible.

fast08busa

Professional Pilot kinda sorta
Registered
So I am working as a medical courier so I drive alot during the day and the radio is my primary source of entertainment (besides people watching). Has anyone else noticed how crappy music is nowadays. Alot of the rock stations are putting out junk, Rap isnt rap anymore unless it has a dubstep remix or synthesizer crap along with rappers who by no means should be allowed near a microphone. I even notice in Rolling Stone magazine how they cover the most horrible junk ever made. I dont know maybe its just me but music nowadays sucks. Anyone else feel this way?

Boneyard or Grateful Dead channel is all I listen to on Sirius.
Well that and a lil Elvis :)

Yes music these days if you can call it that SUCKS! No real meaning or thought.
No rock operas? Compare the Who's Tommy or Quadrophenia or 2112 to anything these days. Can't! I still also listen to a lot of classical. Mozart and Tchaikovsky the most.

Do they still play music on the radio? Every time I turn it on I just get commercials.

You are right most of the music is Cursing to a beat. I now stream over my phone to my head unit via blue tooth or aux cable. My other choice is my xm radio.

I've been having a lot of fun taking in semi-local Roots and Americana acts around here. Radio land is certainly a sad place. I think we're just getting old.

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk and furious fingers

I guess it's "all in the eyes of the beholder", I bicycle long disgtance with my ipod, listen to mp3 and XM on my Busa and really enjoy both old and new stuff. Partly because the hard driving bass stuff helps both canyon charging on Busa and mount hammering on bicycle. Admittedly, I am very influenced by my two teenage daughters whom are very musical. Don't forget, we also have full access to all the older stuff we grew up with, there are just more choices today, not less. If you feel restricted, you're just not puting enough effort into self editing and setting up your own playlists!

Raydog, I have my playlista that I listen to but its just mainstream music nowadays is trash. Just my two cents

We are just getting old. Every generation reaches a point where the music sucks except for the music we grew up with or know. Pandora is also my friend, and some of the dubstep is pretty cool. Look on Youtube for "what about Dre dubstep".

Tis why I am stuck in the Blues. Robert Johnson, Howlin Wolf, Muddy Waters and the like.

:laugh::laugh:, I listen to CW and talk radio. Sometimes R&B oldies. Can`t stand the crap that is out there now a days.

We are just getting old. Every generation reaches a point where the music sucks except for the music we grew up with or know. Pandora is also my friend, and some of the dubstep is pretty cool. Look on Youtube for "what about Dre dubstep".

Great, now I've wasted the better part of 20 minutes browsing dubstep remixes on youtube.. :banghead:

could not agree more! where is 80's hair!!!!!!!:laugh: when singers would sing live in the past they would sound very similar to the way they sound on the radio. if u hear someone sing live today u wonder if its even the same singer. all this synthesizer junk is wat makes up singers today. rock n roll is completely dead! and rap is just comical these days.

You know, my dad said the same thing about my music...as I'm sure it has from one generation to another since the invention of music...

You know, my dad said the same thing about my music...as I'm sure it has from one generation to another since the invention of music...
yea thats probably true. I mean look at Elvis, there isnt ONE song of his that I care for. in fact I cant stand Elvis but obviously millions of others at that time would disagree.

although not many people today would find Elvis very interesting yet frank sinatra is still popular with newer listeners. and nat king cole is as well especially around xmas.

Lots of good musicians out there!

If anything, the bad songs of today should make you appreciate the great songs. Everything is cyclical...relax and enjoy the saucepan singers of todays r&b...its todays new wave.

Lamb became completely disgusted by commercial radio in the 80's. This thought is nothing new. Like anyone ever wanted to hear Sting...there is a little black spot on the sun today, blah blah puke!! or adam ant or Thompson twins...radio and music will come around and the art of song writing will come back again.

Grunge had a good run!

I've always been partial to music that actually has a band actually playing the music, but I can't say that I hate everything out there on the other side of the fence.. Sat. radio would be a neccessity for me if I drove for a living. There's so much on there you can't help but find something you like..

yea thats probably true. I mean look at Elvis, there isnt ONE song of his that I care for. in fact I cant stand Elvis but obviously millions of others at that time would disagree.

although not many people today would find Elvis very interesting yet frank sinatra is still popular with newer listeners. and nat king cole is as well especially around xmas.

There is always Barry Manilow:whistle:

There is still good music out there, You just have to listen through the crap if you listening to regular radio, Alot of Rap these days are the same 3 words being repeated 40 to 50 times in a song. My daughter had a song on the other day where they said the words ( Dont let me get in my zone ) over and over, I told her I didnt want to hear that song again and she agreed, I was at work and they guys in the back were on a station where they said the words ( I dont even know what they were saying, Sounded like Chicken Sh&t ) at least 50 times.

Back