Mums not well.

newman

Registered
My Mum had a fall a couple of weeks ago.
She's got degeneration of the spine and her left hand and left leg have been getting weaker and weaker.
We brought her a walker and stuff to help her move about.
But it has been getting more difficult for her.

A couple of weeks ago at 7am one of our dogs woke Lynne up and she heard banging, she went next door and my Mum was on the floor and banging with her walking stick.
Mum had fallen over.
Called the paramedics, they checked her over, and she had hurt her chest and her ankle.
Then the doctor came round and sent her to the hospital.
She had bruises, hurt her ribs and her ankle.
Kept her in hospital for a over week then sent her to a rehab centre.

She was scared to try to walk again in case she fell again.
The doctor in rehab tried to get her to walk so he could assess her and she fell over again, her leg just gave way.
Back to the hospital for a check up and back to rehab.

It's been decided she need 24 hour care.
Lynne and me could do her food, washing an housework but getting her to the toilet would be a big problem.
So either she could have 2 nurses come to her home 4 times a day or go into a residential home.
So we have talked to Mum a social services and she is going in a home.

The good news is she is going to a home just a minute walk away from us.
The place is lovely, they have outings and all sorts going on.
Nice gardens and she will have the company of other people.
And we can put her in a wheelchair and bring her round to our place for a takeaway or for dinner whenever she wants.

Sorry to hear. :down:

But good to hear that she's going to be close by and able to get out and around via wheelchair...and others to talk to, also.

Sooner or later we are all going to face this problem thats life as my parents are getting older to hope your mum will be ok good luck :thumbsup:

Good luck, hope it all goes well. Dealing with parental health myself. Not fun. :down:

So sorry to hear, i have just lost my mother last month, at was the a difficult time.
It's good you have moved her to 24 hour care, the choice does not come easy, but you have the security that she will be well taken care of!
Cherish the time you have, and make all efforts, to say what us needed.

Very sorry to hear! Went through this some time ago with my Dad. Mom passed away years ago. No break during so called "golden years". Life sucks.

Thanks everybody.
Been a change of plan Mums going into a different home now.
Just as nice and only a couple of miles away.
She's going there in a couple of days.

newman, how's mum? Been thinking about her and thought I'd ask. I hope she's doing better. :)

Thanks Vabs and charlie.
Went to see her on Sunday and she look so much better.
She's eating better but still can't walk.
They have to put her in a hoist to put her in a wheelchair to move her about.

She has settled in good and is much happier as she has met a few people to talk to.
She has even been flirting with the male staff.

It means a lot to me that you have asked about her.

Anyway How are you charlie don't see you much on here now.
Hope all your family are fine and your job is going good.

Dave.

She's flirting?! That's too cute...

I know this is tough. I can't imagine watching her go through all of this. I don't know who it's harder on - us or them :(

Whoever coined the phrase "growing old gracefully" was full of it! :moon:

I'm glad to hear she's settling in to a better routine though; hate that she's unable to walk. Will she ever be able to with some rehab or is that just how she'll be?

I'll send some positive vibes across the pond :love:

Sorry to hear about your mom. Glad she is doing better and happy in her new home. Our parents show us what is in store for us in the coming years----it sometimes does not look pretty. :( :cry:

Sorry vabs I forgot to send best wishes to you and your family.
Hope everyone is doing good.

Thanks for the vibes.

I don't think Mum will walk again, her left ankle is still swollen.
But you never know it might happen one day.

Thanks everyone.

Dave

Sorry vabs I forgot to send best wishes to you and your family.
Hope everyone is doing good.

Thanks for the vibes.

I don't think Mum will walk again, her left ankle is still swollen.
But you never know it might happen one day.

Thanks everyone.

Dave

We're fine Dave, thanks ;)

I just hope your Mom will find some good to keep her going...maybe more flirting :)

Back