Multiple ECU electronics and drawbacks

looks like it pulled to just shy of 11K, which doesn't look extended to me, and power is falling off, i am no expert but see no reason to ring it out any further unless a special application like race bike that you just need a few more feet in the same gear to keep from shifting or something

Good info from Greg here.

One thing I that may be omitted and I sure Greg can expand or correct me if I’m wrong. There are fuel corrections within the ECU between 5th gear and 6th gear. I haven’t looked at the tables on a Gen II bike but they are there on a Gen I bike and I would expect them there on the Gen II. With the GPS mod in place you lose (even though minor) these fueling map changes. So there may some benefit to taking it off.

yep agreed, probably not hugely different, but different. With that said some of the fastest LSR guys on the planet have done it with 5th gear as max gear ecu sees, and tuned properly etc, but yep if you have a stock sensor and in the clutch anyway change it out.

No im fine. Just thought the rev limit had been raised.
it makes no diff to me and she is strong all the way so I dont care.

I just have heard about the GenII bikes 'spitting shims' or whatever and I thought raising the rev limit would make that more possible to happen ?

There are fuel corrections within the ECU between 5th gear and 6th gear. I haven’t looked at the tables on a Gen II bike but they are there on a Gen I bike and I would expect them there on the Gen II. With the GPS mod in place you lose (even though minor) these fueling map changes. So there may some benefit to taking it off.

yep agreed, probably not hugely different, but different. With that said some of the fastest LSR guys on the planet have done it with 5th gear as max gear ecu sees, and tuned properly etc, but yep if you have a stock sensor and in the clutch anyway change it out.

Very good point...I'll look at the map

I just have heard about the GenII bikes 'spitting shims' or whatever and I thought raising the rev limit would make that more possible to happen ?

I've seen shims trying to come out without too much additional HP on a stock Gen II. A decent shot of NOS would be happy to do this for you~!~

Very good point...I'll look at the map

Making sure we are on the same page..... the ECU map, not the Power Commander App is what I am talking about.

The PCIII has the ability to make "across the board" gear based corrections with an added module. I haven't kept up with the PCV it likely does (may be with optional module as well)

I see what you're saying...yes the PCV looks like it is across the board but appears to have the option to separate each cylinder and gear if a user wanted to go that route...

Any advice on getting the trim tables to populate~?~

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/general-bike-related-topics/130531-autotune-mod-trim-table.html

I ran it good for about 2 hours last night without shutting the engine off and hooked it up when I came back to see if that made a difference, still nothing...

I figured maybe shutting it off reset the tables but they still did not populate even without shutting down...I haven't gotten to go one on one with tech support yet...

Any advice on getting the trim tables to populate~?~

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/general-bike-related-topics/130531-autotune-mod-trim-table.html

I ran it good for about 2 hours last night without shutting the engine off and hooked it up when I came back to see if that made a difference, still nothing...

I figured maybe shutting it off reset the tables but they still did not populate even without shutting down...I haven't gotten to go one on one with tech support yet...

Sorry, but I haven't played with one. Mine has a PCIII and a 3rd party logger so I have to do it the hard way! :) I've done similar with aftermarket GM ECUs that work along the same concept but it has been a few years and not with Dynojet specific products.

I personally think the ECU flash is a great way to go, my friend tofas2C is learning quite a bit about this method...and he surely will be quite independent on mapping his bike that way.

I am just intrigued with learning the new PCV software and getting this sorted out...yes you have to spend much more this way and add a few extra boxes so it has it's downside, I just feel it a personal goal to attempt to figure it out more.

Hopefully nothing will blow up in the process~!~ :whistle:

Back