Multiple custom Busa issues

Hello everyone,

I recently purchased what I thought to be a turn key custom Busa.... Turns out, that wasn't exactly the case. I have been slowly working to get this bad boy up to par, so I can go out riding and know everything is done up right. Anyways, there are a couple of questions I have for you all at the moment. The left handle bar has a squeak whenever pressure is applied/released. I cannot figure out what is causing this and have failed to find anything on the internet pertaining to strictly the handle bars. I'll attach a short video showing what i'm talking about.
My second question... How do I adjust the rear chain on this bike? I've never dealt with a single sided swing arm. Also, haven't found any threads online about adjusting one with a setup like this. The front chain seems to be fine on tightness, but the rear one is too loose for my liking. I'm not certain if somehow the rear section turns, to shorten and lengthen the tire placement, but that would also slightly raise/lower the rear of the bike, if that is the case.
If you need better pictures of specific parts of the bike, just let me know and i'll do my best to get what you need.

Thanks everyone for your help, and by the way, its nice to be a part of the community.

Busa1.jpg

Busa2.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe someone with a Hayabusa that has dual drive chains and an extended single sided swingarm will chime in. There’s bound to be someone. It might help if you knew the brand and length of the arm, wheel width and tire size and the type of dual chain setup you have. Pics would help immensely. As for the handlebar squeak, maybe the tube is cracked? Good luck!

Maybe someone with a Hayabusa that has dual drive chains and an extended single sided swingarm will chime in. There’s bound to be someone. It might help if you knew the brand and length of the arm, wheel width and tire size and the type of dual chain setup you have. Pics would help immensely. As for the handlebar squeak, maybe the tube is cracked? Good luck!
I got the pictures up now, had an issue getting them uploaded at first. Wasn't able to get the squeak video uploaded. The tire is an Avon 300, the swing arm is custom.

Thank you for your reply Wuzza!

Hi, and welcome along, I may be able to help.
The chain adjustment is done by rotating the rear hub, it is eccentric and as it rotates,it moves the centre shaft the rear sprocket is mounted on.
You need to loosen the pinch bolt at the rear of the swing arm to allow the eccentric hub to rotate.
Then you will need a specific tool to rotate the hub.

I got the pictures up now, had an issue getting them uploaded at first. Wasn't able to get the squeak video uploaded. The tire is an Avon 300, the swing arm is custom.

Thank you for your reply Wuzza!
Start with making sure handle bar is secure & free of crash damage, then move on to the throttle tube & securing holder it rides in which could have a broken pin inside of it possibly. I am not familure with jack shaft chain set up but it appears to adjust the front sprocket off of the bolt adjustment behind the front sprocket which is really two sprockets joined as one to accomidate the tire width. If the front chain is good like you said then I would look to the rear of the swingarm for the rest of adjustment as moving it forward only loosen the front chain. The rear wheel sprocket centers on that 6 sided nut so loosen the 2 nuts at the very back of the arm then the whole center hub holding the rear axel can be rotated to make proper since it is offset. How did I do?

Project tighten chain was a success!!! These projects take me longer than the normal person (have to take rest breaks for back pain). There wasn’t a gear to grab onto for getting the chain tight, so I had to jack the bike up and use a rubber mallet with some Macgyvering in order to apply the desired tension. I’m not certain what the two pressure bolts torque value is supposed to be, so I assumed goodntight with some locktight would work fine.
I’ve still yet to tackle the handlebar squeak, I’ll probably tinker with that over the 3 day weekend coming up.
Thank you everyone for your input. I’ll keep updates on the things I do.

The squeak in the handle bar is most likely the brass bushing in the clutch lever . It requires a bit of grease now , and then . If its no longer perfectly round you will replace it . New is $11 to 14 bucks from a dealer . I foreget the Honda part # but Suzuki / Kawasaki do not list the part alone , but Honda does .

Project tighten chain was a success!!! These projects take me longer than the normal person (have to take rest breaks for back pain). There wasn’t a gear to grab onto for getting the chain tight, so I had to jack the bike up and use a rubber mallet with some Macgyvering in order to apply the desired tension. I’m not certain what the two pressure bolts torque value is supposed to be, so I assumed goodntight with some locktight would work fine.
I’ve still yet to tackle the handlebar squeak, I’ll probably tinker with that over the 3 day weekend coming up.
Thank you everyone for your input. I’ll keep updates on the things I do.View attachment 1604157
Well Armament that came out looking great nice work. By the way several Turbo guys on the Org. that are willing to guide.

The squeak in the handle bar is most likely the brass bushing in the clutch lever . It requires a bit of grease now , and then . If its no longer perfectly round you will replace it . New is $11 to 14 bucks from a dealer . I foreget the Honda part # but Suzuki / Kawasaki do not list the part alone , but Honda does .
Good to know, thanks Bryan.

Thank you buddy! That’s great news, always nice having people who are willing to be helpful with their knowledge.
Suggest entering the waters like a hot bathtub, Slowly. Quiet a few new to Turbo want this and that asking questions but have no idea what they are saying or anything on the subject or even who they are conversing with. Lots of serious racers and shop/product creators that are very well known so have your ducks in a row prior.

Back