MULLET gets its hairdryer...TURBO

Here is the SHEET. Remember now this the first full pull Frank did then the head lifted and ended the tunning day for now. Hope to see a wee bit more HP from the top ( yet to be fine tuned yet ) after I stud the head and get back up to PowerHouse:thumbsup:

bigrodTURBOrun.jpg

Lookin good Rod.:beerchug:

Im learnin a good bit just reading through here. Kinda makin me wanna get one of them fancy turbos too.:whistle:

Pretty decent power for 7.5psi.... Why did the head lift at that boost level? Had the motor ever been apart before? You gonna put a spacer in it?

BTW it's cool how the dyno shop logged the boost for you also. That's the first time I have seen a shop put forth that effort. That can really help you in tuning and watching for creep.

Last edited:
Pretty decent power for 7.5psi.... Why did the head lift at that boost level? Had the motor ever been apart before? You gonna put a spacer in it?

BTW it's cool how the dyno shop logged the boost for you also. That's the first time I have seen a shop put forth that effort. That can really help you in tuning and watching for creep.

Richard commented that before my tuning...I detonated to prelift the head before ever getting to the tune. Its possible..road around a few time before it but never hard on it? ITs all apart waiting delivery of the APE Pro-Mod stud kits, I have the head gasket already. NO spacer. THought about it but not at this time. I already have $$$ invested in the tune now on 8 psi. Doing the spacer now means a hole new tune. Plus I would need to up my boost to 10psi to be still at 252 hp. So the spacer does NOT realy gain me anything for now. Later Ill pull the motor and go big: Spacer, rods, pistons, HD output shaft, cut trans, valve springs, boost controller, ect...and on and on.....would be able to run 20psi on 93 pump thanks to being lig/air plenum intercooled.:thumbsup: for an expected wopping 430HP ? 252hp is fine for the rest of this year. THe green is a bit tight after doing that new shorter OSD swingarm.

Good plan...stock compression feels better on the street anyway...at least for all around riding....make sure you check the surface of the head/block for trueness.

Sorry to hear about the head lifting but its part of the game. Looks like you will have it going quite soon though. I forget what turbo your using but even with a 35R and a normal tire...you wont see 430HP on 20lb. I def would think you will be in the 380-400 range though.

Sorry to hear about the head lifting but its part of the game. Looks like you will have it going quite soon though. I forget what turbo your using but even with a 35R and a normal tire...you wont see 430HP on 20lb. I def would think you will be in the 380-400 range though.

The bike the kit came off of dyno at 434hp on 22psi boost. THat motor was bullet proof to handle it thought. The turbo is said to be quiv of 30R

Good luck man, it seems as if one part get fixed another problem surfaces...your bike has so many aftermarket parts to keep an eye on. After you buzz it down the track a few times it will all be worth it.

??? Finaly got it done....fixing the head gasket and promod head studs.

My guy that was going to do it...stopped returning calls on scheduling the work....so with HELP of a friend, we got ER done. Only took 5hr, being that I already had everything off and ready to go but pulling the TB.
Now it back in and ready to RE install plenum, turbo, radiator, oil, and coolant+ misc.

Be riding this week:beerchug:

Not bad for the 1st motor pull of the MULLET>

DSC00896.jpg

DSC00894.jpg

DSC00895.jpg

DSC00897.jpg

DSC00898.jpg

Nothing. BusaBob has a craddle made up that fitts right on his platform jack. Fit it and pull the mounts. DOwn it came watching for any wire we missed to unhook. I left the header on so to clear pulling the motor out to the side....I put a rod thru the front axle and lift the MULLET up ( by hand ) while he pulled the jack and motor out of the way. Was sweet and time saving NOT to have to pull the header off. VS lifting it up..could have pulled the front wheel off, but I go to the gym for a reason....:laugh:

lol, quite true. i hope i can find a buddy when i get to my first pds that can help me pull the motor.

That was fun to read and look at all the pic's......Nice job.. and whole lot of wrenching..WOW...Hope it tunes up perfect for you...careful and have fun with it. :bowdown:

Back