Muffler mods

Bike382

Registered
You can remove the muffler insides without destroying the cans. I posted how I did it in the Modifications section.

Sounds like a wicked race bike. :devil:

Sorry, I haven't had it on the dyno since I've done the mod. Just the sound alone makes it worth it (personal opinion)

I can tell you this, my bike has stock displacement, but aftermarket cams, head work, PCII, and thinner base and head gasket. With these pipes I was bouncing off the rev limiter at the 3/4 mile mark at Maxton with the stock sprockets. I swapped the 40 tooth rear for a 38 and managed to pull 196 in the standing mile for a new Production class record. The bike was still pulling pretty hard with about 10,700 on the tach, I think its capable of 200 with these mufflers.

Sorry, I haven't had it on the dyno since I've done the mod.  Just the sound alone makes it worth it (personal opinion)

I can tell you this, my bike has stock displacement, but aftermarket cams, head work, PCII, and thinner base and head gasket.  With these pipes I was bouncing off the rev limiter at the 3/4 mile mark at Maxton with the stock sprockets.  I swapped the 40 tooth rear for a 38 and managed to pull 196 in the standing mile for a new Production class record.  The bike was still pulling pretty hard with about 10,700 on the tach, I think its capable of 200 with these mufflers.
That would be very interesting that you will be able to hit 200mph. Was the 196mph on the speedo? 0or was it monitored with radar GPS. Either way sounds like a good ride.

What HP are you pushing?

I actually ran 196.185 MPH to set a new record at Maxton for the 1350PP class. Last year the best I could run with the bike was 184MPH completely stock.

By the way I have to comment that you were completely correct in your post about octane in a stock bike. Of the 13 passes that I made at Maxton last year, the first 10 were with 100 octane race gas, and all of them were 180 to 181 MPH every time. I remembered reading somewhere about the low octane in a stock bike, so I put in a gallon of 87 (tank was about empty). My last 3 runs were 183 to 184 and I acutally botched a couple of the launches. These were same day, same conditions and same rider.

My bike is not stock anymore. I had Bob Carpenter (Carpenter Race Engines) work some magic on it, and install the 210HP kit. All of the mods are legal in the production class, but I had to remove my Hindle and run the stock exhaust. I added a comment why I left the original outlet in my Modifications post.

I noticed the exhaust mid pipe (below my wifes foot in picture) has what appears to be a mini exhaust packing. I am going to cut this section out and remove all of the restriction and weld it back on and see if it makes a difference.

All BS aside, this bike could really hit 200 with the proper launch in the standing mile. I still cannot give it full throttle (with a 38 tooth rear) in 2nd without pointing the nose at the sky, so I will add some front end weight and see what that will do for me.

3440498_R1_019_8_1.jpg

Back