Muffler mod ..........can you see the diff? And I would like the expert opinion.

BUBBA

Foghoon Leghoon
Donating Member
Registered
I am considering doing this to my Gen II and would like to know if anyone knows if it is worth the time and trouble.

Can you see the difference between the left and right can? It involves moving the bracket from the outside to the inside and tucks the cans in about 1.5 - 2.0".
I always complain about the way the cans flare out and are not more tightly tucked into the body.

If you know of anyone who has done this, or see a problem, please let me know before I commit to this.

Thanks,
Bubba

IMG_8299.JPG

Don't think twice DO IT! Did this with missile before getting the Brocks and was more than happy with the looks.

Bubba
Looks great and good idea i am going to do that to mine. Now shorten them up 4 ".

Never even considered putting them on the inside like that....:banghead: Got up from this post, went to the garage and did it!:beerchug: Learned my new thing for the day.

Thank you~:bowdown:

Interesting. Never thought about that. The only problem is it will make it a little harder to clean the rear. But it definiely looks better. :thumbsup:

Never even considered putting them on the inside like that....:banghead: Got up from this post, went to the garage and did it!:beerchug: Learned my new thing for the day.

Thank you~:bowdown:

Interesting. Never thought about that. The only problem is it will make it a little harder to clean the rear. But it definiely looks better. :thumbsup:

Yes I am going to the hanger and try this on the other side. I will post pics as soon as I can.
Bubba

Okay, here is a pic of the after on both sides, I know you may not notice much, but I see a very significant difference. When you stand behind the bike the pipes are straight with the front. I would still like them tucked in closer to the turn signal area, but this is good for now. I am liking the A end a little better on the Gen II now.
Bubba

IMG_8394.JPG

Way better. This is a must-do! Congrats on making your arse smaller.

Looks good Bubba. What about the way they seal on the converter? No exhaust leaks? If all worked out fine, I'll be trying this on mine.:thumbsup:

Okay, here is a pic of the after on both sides, I know you may not notice much, but I see a very significant difference. When you stand behind the bike the pipes are straight with the front. I would still like them tucked in closer to the turn signal area, but this is good for now. I am liking the A end a little better on the Gen II now.
Bubba

Looks much better Bubba!:beerchug:

No leaks or other issues? Might wanna keep an eye around the connection points for excessive discoloration for a little while...you may not hear a leak but if there is a slight gap from the new bend, you might get some rainbow heat signatures...probably be covered by the heat sheilds though...

Back