MTC gen2 starting point

WELLLL I didn't die

First run just a 5,000 rpm med throttle launch
1.55 short nice clean easy 9.0 at 161
thinking 5200 rpm on the two step can go up 500 or so
Thinking next run I am going WOT and throwing it away

Stage, WOT when the lights activate, throw the clutch on green and the bike stands vertical and trys to throw me off

Back in Pits I realize I never wired my clutch input to the standalone
I threw the clutch away at 11,200 according to my log
Bike didn't spin just stood up violently
nice to know my muscle memory was quick enough for me to get the clutch in

I'm all kinds of confused.

The two step should be a function of the clutch switch as an ECU input, with the ECU pulling timing and ignition to hold your rpm. When you let the clutch go, the ECU should release the two step, flash the clutch, and off you go.

If your two step were a separate device from your ECU, the clutch would still flash to only 7-8k and you should never make it to 11.2k unless you spun or you were in neutral. Even you didn't let off the clutch lever, the centrifugal function of the clutch should pull the lever out of your hand once it reached the flash rpm.

The only thing that makes sense to me is you spun then hooked. In that case you could see 11.2k. What does your wheel speed or output shaft sensor show? If you were in neutral and it auto-shifted into second that would have been ugly and you'd undoubtedly know it.

I'm all kinds of confused.

The two step should be a function of the clutch switch as an ECU input, with the ECU pulling timing and ignition to hold your rpm. When you let the clutch go, the ECU should release the two step, flash the clutch, and off you go.

If your two step were a separate device from your ECU, the clutch would still flash to only 7-8k and you should never make it to 11.2k unless you spun or you were in neutral. Even you didn't let off the clutch lever, the centrifugal function of the clutch should pull the lever out of your hand once it reached the flash rpm.

The only thing that makes sense to me is you spun then hooked. In that case you could see 11.2k. What does your wheel speed or output shaft sensor show? If you were in neutral and it auto-shifted into second that would have been ugly and you'd undoubtedly know it.
Clutch input to ECU was not connected

DEF WOT at 11,200
Yeah clutch pulled me right thru the lights
Spun ? not sure I have not added wheel speed or output shaft speed sensor inputs yet

Unless your clutch tune is way off, you should never reach 11,200 without the clutch locked. If that were the case it would slip all the way down the track no matter how soft or hard you leave. You would smoke the clutch in one pass.

Back