Msd launch master operation

AsleepAtTheTree

Registered
Can you load the clutch with a msd launch master 2step

What tells it to switch step operation
Clutch or wheel speed or what

Is there a method to eliminate exhaust pop associated with 2steps

Thank you

Clutch switch renders it active. You can release the clutch to right before that point. As soon as it sees that switch it turns off.
Any quiet exhaust will keep the noise down, but the stutter is how it works. You can hear what they sound like at the beginning of this video. Launchmaster was set to 6500, stock motor Gen 1, muzzy sidewinder.

Clutch switch renders it active. You can release the clutch to right before that point. As soon as it sees that switch it turns off.
Any quiet exhaust will keep the noise down, but the stutter is how it works. You can hear what they sound like at the beginning of this video. Launchmaster was set to 6500, stock motor Gen 1, muzzy sidewinder.

Great info Mr brown:bowdown::beerchug: thanks again

I read somewhere tho there's a 2step that can help eliminate the pop, jus can't find it again... Im lookin for a sorta "sleeper" setup against the guys I run with and a 2step pop is far from sleeper lol

Great info Mr brown:bowdown::beerchug: thanks again

I read somewhere tho there's a 2step that can help eliminate the pop, jus can't find it again... Im lookin for a sorta "sleeper" setup against the guys I run with and a 2step pop is far from sleeper lol
You could get a launch light, but there's no way to hide higher rpm. A 2 step on an n/a bike makes it easier to be consistent, but it doesn't really give you any other advantage.

Thats what I'm looking for consistency

Only more easier stealthy kinda consistency

Does that necessarily mandate I need a 2step, no

But thats jus the particular way I want it to work if I can, why not:banana::super::beerchug::race:

Is mps launch control worth it to get without a slider clutch would it work well on a stock busa?

Is mps launch control worth it to get without a slider clutch would it work well on a stock busa?
Worked great for me on a stock clutch. I didn't put a lockup in until I had gotten rid of the launch master. It allows you to focus on other aspects of the launch rather than rpm. Stock length I would start out about 4k rpm and see how you like it. Move it up from there.

Worked great for me on a stock clutch. I didn't put a lockup in until I had gotten rid of the launch master. It allows you to focus on other aspects of the launch rather than rpm. Stock length I would start out about 4k rpm and see how you like it. Move it up from there.
I have wondered. Stock hand clutch and a 2 step together. So, say at 4000 rpm 2 step comes on. You hold the throttle right above that, at maybe 4200 or 4500 and work the clutch. Or WOT and work the clutch to accommodate the power. Thanks

So if it's set at 4k when you pull the clutch in and pin the throttle it'll stutter at 4k. Then when you release the clutch it's gonna try and climb to redline. The clutch switch is what triggers it, letting the clutch out pulls the motor back down. Play around with rpm until you find the sweet spot.

MPS sells a nice clutch master mounted switch and momentary button that would set him up just like he wants. He could simultaneously hold the button with thumb, its right below the horn while loading the clutch and not have to work about that wonky clutch switch. Go WOT, release button and bring in the revs with the lever.

So if it's set at 4k when you pull the clutch in and pin the throttle it'll stutter at 4k. Then when you release the clutch it's gonna try and climb to redline. The clutch switch is what triggers it, letting the clutch out pulls the motor back down. Play around with rpm until you find the sweet spot.
Yes. I understand how they work. Got a great deal on this one. But when used with a gen 2 clutch you pin throttle and throw the clutch away. When you have a hand clutch, you will have to work the clutch to get a good launch? Or throw the clutch? It would seem harder to try and work the left hand with all power at once on the clutch rather that working the throttle to make a smooth launch. Thanks.

0602202032_HDR.jpg

Can you load the clutch with a msd launch master 2step

What tells it to switch step operation
Clutch or wheel speed or what

Is there a method to eliminate exhaust pop associated with 2steps

Thank you
I had to get in this post. I been wanting an answer for a while about this, just never asked. It seem that a 2 step and working a hand clutch a full throttle would burn the clutchpack out quick.

And another thing. Do you go through more spark plugs with a 2 step. That ignition cut leaves a lot of carbon behind. Thanks

I never had a problem going through clutches or plugs, and the clutch switch always did what it was supposed to do. I left at 6500 and let the clutch out smooth and quick. Not quite throwing it away like with a multistage, but close. My launch style has always been trying to get the throttle wide open as quick as possible, and this way worked well for me.

I don't think its anything anyone is going to say "WTF 2 step you better give me the hit". Guys can 1.3 without em. Like Mr. Brown said, no real advantage with em on an NA motor.
I have an NA motor and it's not hard to wheelie unexpectedly taking off fast. I plan to play with the launch control switch in my ignition module this summer. Mostly for kicks. I'm not seriously into drag racing at this time.

One thing I have wondered about 2 steps is how they interact with clutch shifting. Say your launch is set for 8000 rpm. You take off at a steady 8000 rpm until the clutch is fully engaged. After the clutch is engaged, the rpm rises to say 10,500 rpm and you pull the clutch lever again to shift to 2nd gear. The ignition cut comes back on when you pull the clutch lever and the rpm drops to 8000 rpm. Doesn't the ignition cut between gears slow you down? Seems like you might be wasting some rpms you built up if you use the clutch to shift.

I have an NA motor and it's not hard to wheelie unexpectedly taking off fast. I plan to play with the launch control switch in my ignition module this summer. Mostly for kicks. I'm not seriously into drag racing at this time.

One thing I have wondered about 2 steps is how they interact with clutch shifting. Say your launch is set for 8000 rpm. You take off at a steady 8000 rpm until the clutch is fully engaged. After the clutch is engaged, the rpm rises to say 10,500 rpm and you pull the clutch lever again to shift to 2nd gear. The ignition cut comes back on when you pull the clutch lever and the rpm drops to 8000 rpm. Doesn't the ignition cut between gears slow you down? Seems like you might be wasting some rpms you built up if you use the clutch to shift.
The ignition cut only becomes active if you pull the clutch lever in far enough to activate the switch. If you're doing that to shift between each gear, you're unlikely to be the type of rider who wants a 2step. If you're racing it's just fanning the clutch or unloading the shifter with the throttle, or your using an airshifter.

Back