MSD ignition and Rev limit questions

TPNasty

Registered
Hey guys, I have a couple of questions regarding the MSD 2 step thats on the Busa I recently purchased. I was wondering how 2 program the rev limit point? its set at like 2200 rpms and if I rev the bike it flashes a FI code. Is this a common problem? I googled the issue but didnt find any real answers. Someone please help? Being that I live in NY and havent been able to ride im concerned that the rev limit being set so low, When in gear will this not allow me 2 take it past that rpm like a normal rev limiter? or is that just the 2 step side of the msd?

Can I first ask why you have it set at 2200? You gotta understand how the 2 step works.
First step is a low rpm for holding the bike and consistency at the starting line, once the clutch or whatever you have that triggers the 2 step is let out it should go to the upper rpm limit that you set.
Is your 2 step the older style with the chips in it ? or is it digital, where you can set the rpms with a small screwdriver?

Im pretty sure your FI light is just flashing when the limiter is reached. I dont think thats a problem.

Also, you may get more assistance in the racing section.

The issue is i bought the bike with the MSD already installed, the prior owner had it set there, not my choice.

Ok, I can see how that would be a problem, now what chips are in it? Take the lower one out and see if its ok then.

When it trips either at launch RPM or RPM limiter, it will set the FI light.

At least that is the story with the MSDs launch master version (no high RPM limit) I have used.

Back