MRA windscreen installed

Earthdog

Registered
Hi All!

I've just installed MRA Double Bubble windscreen.Nice fitting, thick plastic and i love those 2 holes in the middle.....It has a LOT of a difference on the road than stock....

pic 1

pic 2

Nice looking windscreen, first time I've seen one on a Busa with the air holes...... Quick question, (as your sitting on your bike) what does the side to side button on the right hand side of your bike operate? The one just below the on/off red button. Just curious since we don't have that one in the States.........

That is a cool screen...Have not seen that before. Does it provide for less buffeting/windnoise? Does it provide more fresh air to the rider?

Hey KS, that little switch allmost looks like hazard lights...The little triangle and all...just a guess though...

Cool Screen...

The right hand slide switch is for the headlights. I saw this info in a post somewhere. There is a Suzuki p/n for the whole piece and is a direct plug in. I will try to find the post and put up a link. Probably would be ok for high compression or weak battery to be able to start bike without headlight on. Just have to remember to switch on every time after starting.

Here is the link to a post on the handlebar switch with the on/off headlight slider.

Hi KS,

>>Quick question, (as your sitting on your bike) what does the side to side button on the right hand side of your bike operate? The one just below the on/off red button. Just curious since we don't have that one in the States.........

That's the hazard indicator switch.  (You may call them emergency flashers or something else.)  All four indicators come on at once when you move it to the left.  I've got it fitted to my UK '03 model.
You might notice the double triangle symbol for hazards on the switch.  Do you have that in your car?   The same symbol is used in my car.

Usually you would find the light switch there, but Euro rules mean we are following the US with lights on all of the time.

Had my 600 mile service today.  I already thought it was fast.  Now I can twist the throttle more.  Eeek!

Steve

I have a question about the windshield installation. I need to install a double bubble and can't find any help in the owners manual and it didn't come with any instructions. Are there only two fasteners that hold the winshield in place? Do you have any tips that would help me only have to do the job once? Thanks

I have a question about the windshield installation. I need to install a double bubble and can't find any help in the owners manual and it didn't come with any instructions. Are there only two fasteners that hold the winshield in place? Do you have any tips that would help me only have to do the job once? Thanks
Yessir, Two allen bolts near the mirrors.  Simply undo those two bolts then "charm" the rubber booty mounted nuts out of the holes.  That is all there is too it.  When you get your new screen in place, thread the allen bolts into the rubber boots just a little bit.  Then apply a little spit and pop them back into place.  Snug up the bolts good and your ready to roll.

(If its a zero Gravity apply a couple layers of electrical tape to the base tab and leading edges to eliminate any vibration)

I use the term charm in regards to the rubber boots cause they are pretty stubborn the first time out...

Thanks for the tips!
lookaround.gif

That's the "racing" model, correct? And where did you order the screen from (MRA doesn't sell in North America)? I'd love one of those in a "smoke" color...

what does the side to side button on the right hand side of your bike operate? The one just below the on/off red button. Just curious since we don't have that one in the States.........
Since 2003 all european models have lights always on, so instead of that switch for the on/off lights we have a switch for "alarm" when you push it to the left both signals blinks....

That's the "racing" model, correct? And where did you order the screen from (MRA doesn't sell in North America)? I'd love one of those in a "smoke" color...
that's correct....i bought it from their reseller here in Greece, since from their site (www.mra.de) they only selll online to Germany...if there are any of you that want this screen we can arrange for me to ship them to you....i bought mine 95euros...

Thanks everyone, I suspected that the switch was for your hazard lights and now I can order one...........

Nice lookin screen

Also..

Don't forget to add a some black tape or other insulating material/trim (not visable) to the bottom portion of the screen to keep it from "buzzing and/or vibrating..Unless you happen to like that sound!!

Screen looks cool...Don't think I would want the added air flow...

Back