MR X - I am now a B-KING owner !- pics

Forgot to say , that is a wonderful piece of equipment sitting there , the sidecar ?? Ural ?? Zundapp Rommel replica !! Can't see the pintle mount for MG34 but !! Is it the modern equivalent , please tell all MR X .
The Toad is impressed !! :beerchug:
Wow good eye Toadster, that is cool!

After building and riding one with a blower I’d be hard pressed to put a turbo on a king if I wasn’t after big numbers.

That’s more like it!:cool: I’ve always wondered why dyno runs end with the throttle being closed but not with a clutch pull. Seems like a clutch pull would be easier on the motor than simply chopping the throttle. I’ve certainly never chopped the throttle closed at speed as easing off seems like a much better thing to do.

That’s more like it!:cool: I’ve always wondered why dyno runs end with the throttle being closed but not with a clutch pull. Seems like a clutch pull would be easier on the motor than simply chopping the throttle. I’ve certainly never chopped the throttle closed at speed as easing off seems like a much better thing to do.

Unloading the engine at 11k rpm does weird undesirable things to the valvetrain. While tuning I run the engine within 1-200 rpm of the set rev limiter so that’s just assurance that I won’t hit it. Hitting the limiter for too long with a bike that’s making some good power also has Ill effects on the valvetrain.

During the run, I have slight pressure on the shifter so that the instant I let off the throttle it goes in to the next gear. Precautionary measure in case the throttle sticks.

Finally letting the engine rpm come down being drug by the roller, gives the cooling system to take advantage of the high coolant flow to get the hot coolant out of the engine, and the cool stuff in.

After building and riding one with a blower I’d be hard pressed to put a turbo on a king if I wasn’t after big numbers.

POWERHOUSE has done several B King turbos and I can tell you (as these customers can) that the B King is a great platform for a turbo. Anything over 250 rear wheel on a B King is a hoot! This is a fun bike. One other we did had over 400 rear wheel, which was totally off the hook. But this thread is not about boost of any kind, let's not hijack it. Congrats to the OP on his new bike. A decent pipe and great tune will make that bike almost perfect . . .

POWERHOUSE has done several B King turbos and I can tell you (as these customers can) that the B King is a great platform for a turbo. Anything over 250 rear wheel on a B King is a hoot! This is a fun bike. One other we did had over 400 rear wheel, which was totally off the hook. But this thread is not about boost of any kind, let's not hijack it. Congrats to the OP on his new bike. A decent pipe and great tune will make that bike almost perfect . . .

Uh Frank....

4E36EFCD-6AC0-491A-95B9-80EAE90AC597.jpeg

Yeah, I jumped in first, I admit it! So Rob, after riding an H2 and having instantaneous boost, I can't say I liked the bike at all. No matter how easy you tried to feed throttle, the damn thing would want to jump off the ground all the time. I was only on it a short time, I imagine it takes some getting used to. I your blown B King the same way? Probably a handful!

Yeah, I jumped in first, I admit it! So Rob, after riding an H2 and having instantaneous boost, I can't say I liked the bike at all. No matter how easy you tried to feed throttle, the damn thing would want to jump off the ground all the time. I was only on it a short time, I imagine it takes some getting used to. I your blown B King the same way? Probably a handful!

Lol I figured as much.

I’ve rode a few H2s and know exactly what you’re talking about. They’re so light, and the blowers are so small that they’re overly responsive IMO. Fun bikes with a swingarm I’m sure, but not enough bike for me. I’ve grown use to the Busa’s.

The king I built has a 6” arm on it, and in second gear if you cracked it at 7k it power wheelies till you shift if it doesn’t blow the tire off. The torque was just everywhere with that thing. A big factor I found with that bike is the size of the bypass valve. That makes all the difference between being really twitchy on the throttle and being able to roll in to it and still be smooth like a turbo bike. A 50mm valve made a world of difference, but truthfully it could of used a little bigger.

Because of that bike I will be building myself one with a little bigger blower. I love the responsiveness of a stage 1 gen 2, but hands down for a sub 300hp daily commuter bike I’d never do a turbo again.

450721D3-D16D-47DB-A83B-6D9FB6B3810E.jpeg

Seriously, look and the torque curve... or table as I like to call it.

Lol I figured as much.

I’ve rode a few H2s and know exactly what you’re talking about. They’re so light, and the blowers are so small that they’re overly responsive IMO. Fun bikes with a swingarm I’m sure, but not enough bike for me. I’ve grown use to the Busa’s.

The king I built has a 6” arm on it, and in second gear if you cracked it at 7k it power wheelies till you shift if it doesn’t blow the tire off. The torque was just everywhere with that thing. A big factor I found with that bike is the size of the bypass valve. That makes all the difference between being really twitchy on the throttle and being able to roll in to it and still be smooth like a turbo bike. A 50mm valve made a world of difference, but truthfully it could of used a little bigger.

Because of that bike I will be building myself one with a little bigger blower. I love the responsiveness of a stage 1 gen 2, but hands down for a sub 300hp daily commuter bike I’d never do a turbo again.

View attachment 1590964

Seriously, look and the torque curve... or table as I like to call it.

I'm sure a sc or turbo anything is awesome, and I've never ridden either(and would love to). But a B-King will power wheelie 2nd gear into a standup wheelie with just a Busa bin file unrestricted, airbox mod, and midpipe valve delete, as mine did easily(was stock when I got it other than slipons)...I'm sure the sc helps a little though, lol.

I'm sure a sc or turbo anything is awesome, and I've never ridden either(and would love to). But a B-King will power wheelie 2nd gear into a standup wheelie with just a Busa bin file unrestricted, airbox mod, and midpipe valve delete, as mine did easily(was stock when I got it other than slipons)...I'm sure the sc helps a little though, lol.
It’s a whole different experience when it does that with a 6 or 8” stretch.

B-King is an awesome bike, but it's the Busa's fatter sister.
It has a noticeably higher center of gravity, and it is heavier.
I could drag a knee, ride long balanced wheelies, and cruise comfortably no problem. But, at the end of the day, it's more of a hot rod cruiser.
Without a Busa unrestricted bin file, ram-air mod, and mid-pipe valve delete, the B-King is not nearly as impressive. But, with those small changes, it's a night and day difference.
I could also flat foot my Busa when sitting on it, with a slightly bent knee.
The B-King had my heels several inches off the ground.

Been there, done that. Scared the crap out of me so bad when it first happened, I had to do it again . . .
and again . . . and again! :eek:

Guilty of this as well. My most memorable one was hitting the scramble button at the 1000ft mark and breaking the beam with the back tire at 180mph.

Back