Mr Turbo

DaCol.

D' Colonel
Donating Member
OK, all you Turbo guys and gals ! For years I have read about Mr Turbo out of Houston, looked at their web page, and it seems they make a quality product that is streetable without any realibility problems (a sorta joke I am sure
laugh.gif
). So, the question is, how come I don't see any of you guys using their produce ? Cost ? Quaility or what ? I always thought (and am now considering doing the unthinkable and turboing) they would be the way to go since for $5,000 + they install, dyno, and set it up for street realibility. SO WHAT GIVES ? Why does no one here use them ?

Of course I just realized that they might not be in business so if that's the case, I just waisted a good subject  
wink.gif

Here's my opinion. Reliability: B+/A-. Power: C/B-. Streetability-B+/A-. If you're close to a good tuner you'll be good. Get a big time fuel pump and don't blindly trust the mapp it comes with. I think you'll be pretty lonely though if you have a Mr. Turbo system and frequent this site or the other big busa site. It's a pretty old style turbo but it's tough. If you want 300 hp it's fine. If you want more than that keep asking around. I could be totally off on this. Most of what I hear is that after 320hp or so things get a bit dicey. I'm a newbie and have Forest Gumped my way through most of my turbo issues, so take my rating with a grain of salt. However, there are some major players on this site. I'm sure you'll get more opinions here and even more if you post in the turbo section.

I think the motorhead built a turbo bike for someone on this forum a few months ago and the bike was awesome. Does anyone know who's bike it was?

+1 on Dennis' kits

He builds the Ghetto Turbos. Velocity is also pretty good. NLR is very expensive. They put up good dyno #'s but I haven't heard much in the line of street reliability or racing.

So, does anyone know any GOOD tuners in the Wichita- Tulsa or Oklahoma City area  
rock.gif
. I sold my MV Agusta because the closest dealer was in Kansas City, and that became just toooooooo far.

Back