Mr Turbo

redcam622

Registered
Hey guys,anyone know if a mr turbo street kit can be upgraded to make big power.Or would i be better off selling it and going with another system.Thinking of buying a bike with this system already installed.Thanks.

Not for certain but I would imagine that it can be upgraded but you would have to take in consideration the cost...In most cases it more cost effective to go with the upgraded system verses and entry level system with the mindset of upgrading later...For instance a Velocity Stage 1 to be upgraded to a Stage 2 would cost close to $2K that's a rough estimate...Unless your getting a good deal on the bike that your looking at then you may want to build your own...Hope this helps...
evil.gif

Yes it can be upgraded but don't. It can e a good kit but will take lots of work to gt more HP. As in any kit that you look at though you will neeed to think about internals etc.

well, I'll go against the grain then...

The headers aren't the limiting factor.  The only limiting factor, as far as the parts go, is the turbo, injectors and tuning.  Turbo's can easily be swapped out with at most a flange rewelding....not a big deal.  The rest....well, depends on if you have the skills, or if your tuner has the skills.  Nothing all that difficult.  

But as others have said, you really should be changing internal parts at the same time.

<!--EDIT|Uncle Bob
Reason for Edit: None given...|1102754172 -->

well, I'll go against the grain then...

The headers aren't the limiting factor.  The only limiting factor, as far as the parts go, is the turbo, injectors and tuning.  Turbo's can easily be swapped out with at most a flange rewelding....not a big deal.  The rest....well, depends on if you have the skills, or if your tuner has the skills.  Nothing all that difficult.  

But as others have said, you really should be changing internal parts at the same time.
I don't see where you've gone against the grain...I brought up a very good point...The swapping of the turbos...
evil.gif

how much hp do you need? (ok silly question, never enough)

I have a Mr T and use the bike all day long (and out to Sturgis and back) with 240 - 260 and was all good. If you want real big number get all the parts then you can start with 220 and then add the turbo talk to N.E. sounds like he know the way. If you want why not call Terry at Mr T ( 281 442-7113 ) he is a good dude and won't try to tell you his system is the best for all fits but he dose know turbo's

Hey guys,anyone know if a mr turbo street kit can be upgraded to make big power.Or would i be better off selling it and going with another system.Thinking of buying a bike with this system already installed.Thanks.
I've got what you need. Complete Mr. Turbo engine setup.

I've got what you need. Complete Mr. Turbo engine setup.

He (redcam662) may have already picked one up. He asked about them 16 years ago...and hasn't been on this site for 10 years. Just saying...
Maybe somebody else is interested thou,ya never know.
Are they still making kits for Hayabusa?
Rubb.

He (redcam662) may have already picked one up. He asked about them 16 years ago...and hasn't been on this site for 10 years. Just saying...
Maybe somebody else is interested thou,ya never know.
Are they still making kits for Hayabusa?
Rubb.
No Terry no longer is operating Mr. Turbo. I have the bike in my garage. I never put more than 40 miles on it. I have complete turbo motor

Back